The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

12 hours ago, MikeMcKenna said:

Mark, I would argue that it was exactly because of 'his lack of nous'

1. Faulkner - appointing him as CEO despite having no experience at that level inside or outside football

I remember very vividly hearing Faulkner on a radio interview talking about why he appointment McLeish and it became apparent that he was utterly convinced he was a brilliant manager because he won the Aston Villa Cup with the scum.

At that point it dawned on me that he really was a clueless fckuwit.  You kind of have (had) faith that the people running a professional football club at the highest level in the worlds top professional league know what they are doing but he was just a chancer who had less idea than you or I. And our beloved leader seems to have made this mistake over and over again until he got it right then made them resign because of some other level of fckuwittery  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, MikeMcKenna said:

Absolutely nothing new here then.

AVFC don't need a PR department now that they can trust the chosen few to spread the word. Hooray! 

Personally I find the new approach just as 'condescending' and it explains why some would not support the protests. 

IMO it is new(s) that Hollis has said they are waiting for a sale to go through before appointing Manager.  That implies very strongly that a sale is close.

Well, either that, or Hollis is an idiot.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

I am convinced the reason why B&K resigned is because they wanted to proceed with their plans which undoubtedly would include the quick appointment of a new manager as contingency plans in case any takeover was delayed or fell through. They would understand the danger of being were we currently are with no changes or manager 2 months from now with a takeover vanishing over the horse. Randy Dandy has told them no go nothing to happen because of the takeover. So if had better bl00dy well happen and quick because I suspect the whole place is in suspended animation completely reliant on the deal happening 

29 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

Rumors of a takeover right around season ticket renewal time.

Hollis hinting at a takeover coupled with Bernstein and King rumored to have wanted to appoint a manager but told no due to takeover talks.

Takeover talks rumble on deep into the Summer.

Takeover collapses just in time for no transfer activity to take place and Eric Black to continue as manager.

Rinse & Repeat.

Counter point of King saying in his interview on Bloomberg that we have a bright future, and he hopes takeover is completed quickly? Rumors of up to 8 bids and 3 groups? I doubt the "Board" want us to fail as badly as you indicate. As League 2 would surely be the next destination under those circumstances.

This would all be very exciting if it wasn't for the same garbage last time with "a motivated seller" and "advanced talks" and "rich foreign owners" lined up out the door only to peter out into literally nothing followed by zero investment and a couple of the most painful seasons in the history of this great club.

Whatever the ownership equivalent of ITSOTP thanks

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Counter point of King saying in his interview on Bloomberg that we have a bright future, and he hopes takeover is completed quickly? Rumors of up to 8 bids and 3 groups? I doubt the "Board" want us to fail as badly as you indicate. As League 2 would surely be the next destination under those circumstances.

Come on. You didn't sense that I was being a little facetious?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sexbelowsound said:

Takeover collapses just in time for no transfer activity to take place and Eric Black to continue as manager.

Love the skepticism, but we know they'll be transfer activity - at the very least because rats will be deserting the ship they sunk, especially if Black is still in charge!!  Look, no takeover is a possibility, deals can go bad., but I don't buy this negative line "it's all 'smoke and mirrors to sell tickets."  Too many sources suggesting otherwise for me, and circumstances are now such that I think Lerner's reign has become pretty untenable; I think he knows that, and so does Hollis, King and others.  All we can do is wait and see what transpires, but lets hope the optimists among us happen to be right this time for all our sakes! 

Edited by Gary Thomas

16 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

Love the skepticism, but we know they'll be transfer activity - at the very least because rats will be deserting the ship they sunk, especially if Black is still in charge!!  Look, no takeover is a possibility, deals can go bad., but I don't buy this negative line "it's all 'smoke and mirrors to sell tickets."  Too many sources suggesting otherwise for me, and circumstances are now such that I think Lerner's reign has become pretty untenable; I think he knows that, and so does Hollis, King and others.  All we can do is wait and see what transpires, but lets hope the optimists among us happen to be right this time for all our sakes! 

I was being facetious.......

1 hour ago, sexbelowsound said:

Rumors of a takeover right around season ticket renewal time.

Hollis hinting at a takeover coupled with Bernstein and King rumored to have wanted to appoint a manager but told no due to takeover talks.

Takeover talks rumble on deep into the Summer.

Rinse & Repeat.

I just don't believe everything we've heard is in order to sell a few thousand season tickets.  I accept a takeover may well not happen, that could be for lots of reasons, but I think the idea that it is for season ticket sales is baloney.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

I am convinced the reason why B&K resigned is because they wanted to proceed with their plans which undoubtedly would include the quick appointment of a new manager as contingency plans in case any takeover was delayed or fell through. They would understand the danger of being were we currently are with no changes or manager 2 months from now with a takeover vanishing over the horse. Randy Dandy has told them no go nothing to happen because of the takeover. So if had better bl00dy well happen and quick because I suspect the whole place is in suspended animation completely reliant on the deal happening 

I wouldn't have agreed originally, but this makes a lot of sense as an explanation to me now. My concern would be  - what was their concern, as clearly implied by King, almost that it might not happen ?.......Are they worried its as simple as previous efforts - Randy holding out for too much money - in which case the fantasist in me would like to believe he finally got the message hence his 'goodbye' message last week - can but hope.

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

Love the cynicism. How can you not be a complete cynic at this point? 

If I was betting money, I'd put it on Lerner still being here in July.

But would you put it on him being here for next season ?