The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

2 hours ago, avfcwills10 said:

Just been doing a bit of searching:

This happened http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2068932-sochaux-relegated-after-final-day-defeat-against-evian 'Sochaux Relegated After Final-Day Defeat Against Evian'

Then This happened https://www.soccerex.com/news/2015/07/fc-sochaux-confirm-chinese-takeover 'FC Sochaux confirm Chinese takeover '

And then this happened http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-35019718 'French media observers say it is unlikely that Ledus will be able to build a fan base in China around the club, rather that the new owners are using Sochaux as a vehicle to develop the Ledus brand in France and Europe' 

........And the club currently sit towards the bottom of Ligue 2. 

Surely though a cheap purchase of a team with a long tradition of being a top flight club, who with a bit of investment could get back into the most popular league in the world it'd be worth it.

Bit of a difference in terms of worldwide audiences if they got us promoted. 

I was going to suggest that Riley still not having been sacked had something to do with a connection to Comolli from the Liverpool days, but it appears that their time there had no overlap. 

Looking at Comolli's track record, I definitely don't think he is a complete dud and he has definitely signed some good players for his clubs, bu what really worries me is that he has quite a few unfavorable departures from each club that he has been involved with (Spurs, St. Etienne, Liverpool). At the moment we need stability in all aspects of the club, most certainly the top, and I am just need sure he would bring that to the table. 

In terms of journos with good sources and a decent record for reporting facts, I put Percy up top with Pat Murphy. Alan Nixon got a few things right in the summer transfer window but doesn't often report on us otherwise, then there's James Nursey who clearly had an IN with Lambert or his staff but now has nada. As for Greg Evans, well for a local rag they couldn't be further away from the club, all they report are fag ends or twitter reaction. So this news about a Chinese consortium from Percy is welcome in that it could be reality, which would mean this story about 3 bidders could also have truth to it. Just need some more scraps to feed off in the meantime, as every other subject such as new manager or new players hinges on who owns us. 

• Like 2

Would due diligence cover the football side of things? I thought that was mainly for the business side of things. 

If Comolli has access to the football operations, does that suggest that this deal is further along than exclusivity to conduct due diligence?

6 minutes ago, Godders said:

Would due diligence cover the football side of things? I thought that was mainly for the business side of things. 

If Comolli has access to the football operations, does that suggest that this deal is further along than exclusivity to conduct due diligence?

Unless it is closer than we are being told?

7 minutes ago, Godders said:

I suppose there is a monetary value to playing staff including academy prospects, he'll be going round with stickers and a marker pen labelling our teenagers with price tags like some huge human jumble sale.

If in wrong thread sorry.

I think regarding King/Bernstein =(?) Takeover.

Hollis appointed King & Bernstein to asses and evaluate the club with a target of getting back to PL.

The came up with Plan A (maybe even Plan B, C & D). Meaning, Back to PL 1 yr = X mill

2yrs X mill and so on.

RL got his calculater out, crunched a few numbers, asked his Mom for an extra X mill from the Family trust, she said "NO".

RL said to MK & DB, thanx but no thanx, I'm selling up. "Hey Steven, Do your thing".

So MK & DB emailed each other, General F***head black-opsed it, RL freaked. MK & DB walked.

40 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

Why do they have to keep it a secret ?

I mean if they have the best bid they will get it.I dont understand the need for all this secrecy.

It depends on what ties the new owners might have to companies who are trading on the stock market. Or quite simply, they don't want the information leaked at this point. There were a number of NDAs last year but I think a few of those got broken, so if any interest is from the same people or parties, perhaps they are being extra careful.

I hope this statement is 'admin approved.'

• Like 1

Done a bit of research on Comolli, he has actually had some considerable success, I didn't even know he was at arsenal but he is credited with finding Clichy and Kolo Toure. 

At spurs he signed Modric, Bale and Berbatov too so he's obviously not a complete donkey.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, avfcwills10 said:

Done a bit of research on Comolli, he has actually had some considerable success, I didn't even know he was at arsenal but he is credited with finding Clichy and Kolo Toure. 

At spurs he signed Modric, Bale and Berbatov too so he's obviously not a complete donkey.

And at Liverpool Luis Suárez and Jordan Henderson.  He was also involved in signing Andy Caroll but you can't win em all

1 hour ago, Grasshopper said:

If in wrong thread sorry.

I think regarding King/Bernstein =(?) Takeover.

Hollis appointed King & Bernstein to asses and evaluate the club with a target of getting back to PL.

The came up with Plan A (maybe even Plan B, C & D). Meaning, Back to PL 1 yr = X mill

2yrs X mill and so on.

RL got his calculater out, crunched a few numbers, asked his Mom for an extra X mill from the Family trust, she said "NO".

RL said to MK & DB, thanx but no thanx, I'm selling up. "Hey Steven, Do your thing".

So MK & DB emailed each other, General F***head black-opsed it, RL freaked. MK & DB walked.

:blink: