The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

8 minutes ago, GlasgowVilla said:

Funny how Eric Black used the phrase "potentially up for sale" in this article - http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11677/10261183/aston-villa-called-toxic-by-interim-boss-eric-black?

I wouldn't read too much into that, of course it could mean what you are implying but it's more likely he meant that the club potentially might be sold. Of course this is Lerner so who knows?

3 minutes ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

I wouldn't read too much into that, of course it could mean what you are implying but it's more likely he meant that the club potentially might be sold. Of course this is Lerner so who knows?

To be honest, the whole article sounds like he's just opening his mouth and words are falling out. Like everything that comes out of Villa at the moment

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Richard said:

I mean there's extensive and then there's really extensive

And then there is not being completely honest in an effort to appease the natives. 

Edited by av1

hmmm.. 

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/flavour-what-steve-hollis-told-11258461

Three groups

"There has been talk of a takeover for some time," Fear said. "That was speculation, but this looks like fact now.

"They have a window of opportunity to get a deal through, but have not said how long they will wait until they get a manager in place.

"Without going into details, he (Hollis) said there were discussions taking place and that the appointment of a new manager would come after the takeover was sorted.

"The club have been in talks with investors from the UK, America and the Far East.

"They want to get new owners in before a new manager is appointed so that the new people can bring in their own manager if they want.

2 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

Wow - no new manager until the new owners are in place is ballsy. They must expect this to be done and dusted in the next couple of weeks.

Moyes just waiting for for the deal to go through hopefully!

Hollis is probably saying it as season tickets just gone on sale :) 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

Wow - no new manager until the new owners are in place is ballsy. They must expect this to be done and dusted in the next couple of weeks.

Moyes just waiting for for the deal to go through hopefully!

Why ballsy?

We’re relegated, nothing worse can happen until the season starts.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, VillaForever1970 said:

Why ballsy?

We’re relegated, nothing worse can happen until the season starts.

It's ballsy because we could get to August or September with no sale and Moyes, Pearson, and every other candidate who's been linked will be long gone. 

He's obviously pretty certain this will happen.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

It's ballsy because we could get to August or September with no sale and Moyes, Pearson, and every other candidate who's been linked will be long gone. 

I would guess if it hasn't happened by August or September it probably won't happen.  I still think it will be sorted much sooner than that, could be wrong but it sounds like lots of wheels in motion. 

On 26 April 2016 at 16:40, Demitri_C said:

Well he is right we have just been relegated

Well there is relegation.....and then there is what we have done....capitulation.

24 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

But Mourinho will still be available, plus Lambert and McLeish!

1 hour ago, Villan4Life said:

Absolutely nothing new here then.

AVFC don't need a PR department now that they can trust the chosen few to spread the word. Hooray! 

Personally I find the new approach just as 'condescending' and it explains why some would not support the protests. 

1 hour ago, LakotaDakota said:

hope so otherwise we will be playing Fleetwood & Shrewsbury the following year

Oh Daddy, if this happens my Dreams will be shattered. Villa Park? Never Going Back Again because my Big Love for the club will instead be more akin to my love for a Monday Morning. I'm So Afraid, but That's Enough For Me. It's really Not That Funny. 

3 minutes ago, Phumfeinz said:

Oh Daddy, if this happens my Dreams will be shattered. Villa Park? Never Going Back Again because my Big Love for the club will instead be more akin to my love for a Monday Morning. I'm So Afraid, but That's Enough For Me. It's really Not That Funny. 

We played Shrewsbury, Torquay, Rochdale and Halifax in 70/71 when we last dropped down that far. It was not funny back then but ten years later we were league champions. Villa till we die.... 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Godders said:

Hope his partners are worth a bit more than he is. If Lerner's ploughed £300mill into us over the past few years, this guy on his own would go bust owning us pretty quickly!! 

Lerner if he ran us properly could have spent no more than £50m or so and be running us at a profit. It's his catastrophically bad business decisions again and again and again and again and again which has led us to relegation as one of the worst ever premier league teams and him losing £300m. A proper businessmen making proper hands on decisions could have made us self sufficient by now like 90% of other premier league teams and who next year with the huge increases on revenue should mostly show decent profits 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Phumfeinz said:

Don't. Stop.

• Like 1