The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

Just now, Sam3773 said:

Surely 27bn personal wealth is inaccurate? That would make him the richest man in China.

I am not sure what the rumour is totalling. It could be company wealth which seeing as Xia seems to create divisions for everything he wants to blow money on would grant Villa a sizeable chunk of cash if needed. It likely isn't personal wealth though as £27 billion in dollars would make him more wealthy than Ellison and Wang, he's rich though. That said it's all rumour at this point. The solid stuff appears to be that he's mega rich though as I believe Doug Ellis said that on SSN. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, terrytini said:

Note the comment about Villa Park refers to a 'vital second revenue stream'.

As well as the obvious, naming rights etc, I think this means actual real estate development, in and around the area.  Much more than just the ground itself.

Either that or a Billion pound sponsored name change of villa park!

Just now, KJT123 said:

So if Xia is having his photo taken at VP, why is Hollis in China?

They sent him away to make sure he isn't around to mess things up?

• Like 2

Just now, KJT123 said:

So if Xia is having his photo taken at VP, why is Hollis in China?

I think the image was taken when Xia was having a tour of our facilities some weeks ago. Lerner insinuates as much as they apparently had lots of time to talk about Xia's intended future for Villa weeks ago at BMH. 

Such news deserves a classic!

bff.gif

My feelings exactly.

Welcome Dr X! Welcome Recon!

Aston Villa - Prepared? Boring.

Aston Villa - A Great Bunch of Lads.

• Like 3

The start of a new era. Lets hope its carries on with Guzan, Richards,Lescott and the rest of the muppets that showed how dedicated they was to Aston Villa this year been shown the door!

• Like 1