The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

Until i see things that suggest we are turning the corner and building blocks are introduced that gets us back a winning mentality....I will remain sceptical

• Like 1

Just now, VillaJ100 said:

He's 40, according to his weibo.

Makes sense as his bio on the Official Site in the news piece stated over the last two decades he's worked to make Recon Group the company it is today. 

He's said he wants to get us back in the PL and then challenge for European Football... I've got no reason to doubt that he'll try, so that ambition for me is a positive and I'm optimistic about it.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I feel sick.

Just because Big Tony is Chinese does not mean he subscribes to, or has anything to do with any of their policies.

This is a Western educated man that's just bought the club that he's *allegedly* a fan of.

:) 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

When you think how things could have gone I think we have got a great result.  Still loads of work to do but we seem to have an owner with money, ambition, intelligence and a plan and that is like a breath of fresh air.  Well done Steve Hollis for bringing this home.  Maybe those 'European nights' we sing about will return to Villa park one day!  

With baited breath we must hope that we can at least understand any statements he might make! It can't be worse than when the musings of our outgoing intelligent owner.

Here's hoping there's no references to Bannockburn and he talks merely of Aston Villa and the future

Edited by Tubby