The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

That's the guy? He looks 15.

Found an article from Harvard in 2010 saying he was 24. That means he's 30 now.

Could probably do a better job up front than our current crop.

1 minute ago, villarule123 said:

Thanks for the first 4 years Randy.

I don't hate the guy, he had good intentions but he obviously didn't have a clue about football. 

Of course, my opinion of him will change drastically if he's just signed our death warrant. 

I don't hate the guy, but if the electric chair was still a punishment I'd vote for him to get it.

• Like 1

the thing that i'm hopeful is that dr tony seems to have learned from lerners mistakes.whether comoli is a footballing genius is open to debate but at least the good dr has the intelligence to get football people involved.the ex everton guy linked is also a positive.it looks like he's putting a sort of football board together to run the club.no doubt he will have the final say/input but at least he has football knowledge to give him advice.

• Like 1

You should at least read the last paragraph

Passion to develop villa park, that's interesting

Also think it's interesting as I've said before when we've been linked with other Chinese developers, I think the city itself has a lot of potential for development, I hope these guys have a plan where they're trying to use villa to do something, to promote themselves, promote a product, obvious talk about what we can do in the east but I'd like to think the motivation for a great owner will be what we can do for him in the west

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sam3773 said:

Found an article from Harvard in 2010 saying he was 24. That means he's 30 now.

Could probably do a better job up front than our current crop.

30? Jeezus, he's a kid.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

You should at least read the last paragraph

Passion to develop villa park, that's interesting

Also think it's interesting as I've said before when we've been linked with other Chinese developers, I think the city itself has a lot of potential for development, I hope these guys have a plan where they're trying to use villa to do something, to promote themselves, promote a product, obvious talk about what we can do in the east but I'd like to think the motivation for a great owner will be what we can do for him in the west

Pretty sure Birmingham is going under the biggest construction project of its time over the next 10 years or so

Tbh i think the ground is fine the current way it is

What needs fixing and investment is the squad build a team capable of being comfortably mid table in the prem then start messing around with the ground expanding e.t.c

Edited by AshVilla

I'm picturing Tony Xia on the pitch at BMH passing it around with the players and having a laugh, I mean he's their age he could build up the kind of rapport with the playing staff that very few owners can.  

• Like 1