The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

27 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

69db3edbjw1f4v9fh97ofj20m80g0div.jpg

Oh and not sure if this has been posted yet but I think that's our board...

Cute that they have matching ties, shame the suits only came in 1 size and didn't fit any of them.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, terrytini said:

Firstly, no, need, I am done !.  But my whole point is the debate does not belong in this thread ! 

Second, because I am done I will resist writing another million words on the phrase that pretty much sums up one half of what I've been saying................................................................. "too outrageous" - that's the point - what is too outrageous ?  It is personal choices, which will involve personal hypocrisy, it is not fixed.  What is too outrageous ?  Where is the line ?  As in my question relating to 'tapping up' (avoided really) - how bad would it be to be 'bad' - it depends.  It all depends. None of it is clear or definitive.

As for your criticism -  you have missed my point. My fault maybe ? It is not that I think consumers should not care about these matters - quite the opposite, I have  been on many protests for CND, , for the Anti Nazi league, for anti-capitalism marches.  I have personally boycotted stuff and engaged in campaigns to persuade others to do so.

But when I sit down to have a coffee, I just want to enjoy the coffee, when I watch a film I want to watch and enjoy the film. Football even more so, it is the one place I can come to escape the reality of the world !

FWIW.....I think your point has been made crystal clear and I for one agree with it.

I can see the other point too, and in other circumstances agree too.........but I can't see how it applies to us, little ole football club us, who haven't been able to win a game, hardly a threat to political unrest......ok ok ok ok a bit of hyperbole.....only a bit.:mellow:

Genuine question;

Although I don't expect us to find out soon, and that it's hardly a pressing matter anyway, but will Doug Ellis retain his position as President Emeritus? His 'role' was a concession when Lerner bought us, I wonder if it was in anyway mentioned in sales discussions.

Same question could also be asked of our relationship with Acorns, I sincerely hope it's maintained to at least the same strength it has been in previous years.

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

He might turn out to be dodgy but he has a clean slate, he has passed the f&p test, he has some money and he has not Lerner. So it's all good for now.

Couldn't agree more. Who knows what the future brings.

I just wish that photo didn't make me think they are all stood there thinking "Jeez, we got ASTON VILLA...tee hee.."

• Like 3