The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

1 minute ago, myko said:

Will there be a way of watching the press conference live does anyone know?

I'm sure it'll probably be streamed live from at least one of the journalists there. We best wait until tomorrow.

Edited by meme

Just now, backofthenet said:

Is it just me that remains incredibly sceptical especially given the extremely dodgy members we have on our board

i still fear we will be hearing the words 'refinancing' or 'seeking new investment' sooner or later

Which "extremely dodgy members"?

2 minutes ago, backofthenet said:

Is it just me that remains incredibly sceptical especially given the extremely dodgy members we have on our board

i still fear we will be hearing the words 'refinancing' or 'seeking new investment' sooner or later

I think so, yes.  You might want to allow yourself an hour of optimism first.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, backofthenet said:

We haven't sold enough season tickets yet:ph34r:

47 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Is it legal to turn a football club into a franchise and have multiple "Aston Villa Football Clubs'" in different countries? 

Red bull clubs, don't they have a New York side, Salzburg, Leipzg.... So must be ok. 

Ship Gabby off to Aston Villa Dragons in China and Lescott to Aston Villa Chevies in the US. Good luck fellas. 

3 minutes ago, backofthenet said:

Well Chris Samuelson for one plus 'his associate' the previously unknown Jamie banfill

it I will afford myself a small shandy for now an cross my fingers

What have Chris Samuelson and Jamie Banfill done then? :o

15 minutes ago, backofthenet said:

Well Chris Samuelson for one plus 'his associate' the previously unknown Jamie banfill

it I will afford myself a small shandy for now an cross my fingers

Samuelson isn't dodgy simply for owning a financial company. I'm sure every financial company on the globe has done some questionable dealings in the past. He simply did a task at Reading for what his company, and many other companies around the world, are built to do.

Edited by meme
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, bobzy said:

What have Chris Samuelson and Jamie Banfill done then? :o

Well I'd Google Chris Samuelson an Everton fc an then reading fc an draw your own conclusions, either way he is not here for the love of Aston villa, no one has heard of banfill, but he is apparently an associate of samuelsons 

1 minute ago, backofthenet said:

either way he is not here for the love of Aston villa

Not many owners are nowadays. I highly doubt the owners of Chelsea, Man City etc supported the club at all when they joined. Maybe a little bit now, but not a heart-held passion.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, meme said:

Samuelson isn't dodgy simply for owning a financial company. I'm sure every financial company on the globe has done some questionable dealings in the past. He simply did a task at Reading for what his company, and many other companies around the world, are built to do.

Well the FBI certainly thought he is dodgy, I really hope your right but the fact that everyone on the board apart from xia is or has had business dealings with Samuelson before makes me wonder who it actually is that's gonna be running our club

Just now, backofthenet said:

Well the FBI certainly thought he is dodgy, I really hope your right but the fact that everyone on the board apart from xia is or has had business dealings with Samuelson before makes me wonder who it actually is that's gonna be running our club

Possibly the Chinese business man who owns Recon and has just proved beyond doubt his cash reserves to the FA?

1 hour ago, briny_ear said:

I think you guys should take this debate to a separate thread. Before you do however, may I just say I think the philosophy behind this paragraph is just so wrong it is almost breathtaking. Of course consumers should care about these matters, and indeed they do and every once in a while rouse themselves to boycott products and services when the abuses that underlie them seem too outrageous.

Firstly, no, need, I am done !.  But my whole point is the debate does not belong in this thread ! 

Second, because I am done I will resist writing another million words on the phrase that pretty much sums up one half of what I've been saying................................................................. "too outrageous" - that's the point - what is too outrageous ?  It is personal choices, which will involve personal hypocrisy, it is not fixed.  What is too outrageous ?  Where is the line ?  As in my question relating to 'tapping up' (avoided really) - how bad would it be to be 'bad' - it depends.  It all depends. None of it is clear or definitive.

As for your criticism -  you have missed my point. My fault maybe ? It is not that I think consumers should not care about these matters - quite the opposite, I have  been on many protests for CND, , for the Anti Nazi league, for anti-capitalism marches.  I have personally boycotted stuff and engaged in campaigns to persuade others to do so.

But when I sit down to have a coffee, I just want to enjoy the coffee, when I watch a film I want to watch and enjoy the film. Football even more so, it is the one place I can come to escape the reality of the world !