The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

2 minutes ago, Jareth said:

So this theme park we're getting, I propose we keep this season's first 11 employed and put them in a house of horrors. 

Stick them in the circus bit, Guzan can be the juggler who can't catch a ball

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Left the wife mid argument, went to bog, read article, returned to wife, all is forgiven dear! The power of football. 

And the power of a big turd. I often get argumentative when I'm a bit backed up. It's usually when I'm 'egg bound'.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rob182 said:

What are the bets that we'll soon see some 'Yeah, okay, well he might have the money and the ambition, but he talks to much for an owner! We're the next QPR! Xia out!' posts? ;)

I actually signed up to Weibo on Friday night (Chinese Twitter) and messaged him in poorly translated Chinese, he wrote back thanking me for the message and said I could write in English. I wrote back and let him know about some of our concerns and his response was 'Thanks for the information, it's very much appreciated. But be assured that those questions are over-worried and rumours'.

I imagine he already had interviews booked to communicate plans, and will probably do more today and tomorrow, so I won't take any credit for him 'proving himself' (not until he names me personally in an interview :D)

(I'm clearly joking about taking credit. But I'm not joking about the messages. We have messaged on Weibo).

Nicely done, he probably appreciated you doing that in Chinese so responded. Have some credit!

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Nicely done, he probably appreciated you doing that in Chinese so responded. Have some credit!

As the saying goes, "If you speak to somebody in a language they know, it goes to their head. If you speak to somebody in their home language, it goes to their heart."

Edited by meme
  • Like 2

Regardless of his intentions / financial background it is so refreshing to see him respond directly to fans.

Looking back on the Letner era, the total lack of communication with fans was surely the most damaging aspect of the whole thing to the point that we ended up with fan disinterest and revolt. 

Dr Tony would do well to overhaul the PR department in his own image.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jareth said:

So this theme park we're getting, I propose we keep this season's first 11 employed and put them in a house of horrors. 

I can't wait to ride the Randy Lerner roller coaster. Will have some seriously massive ups and downs

• Like 3

I can't wait to ride the Randy Lerner roller coaster. Will have some seriously massive ups and downs

I dread to think what the 'romantically nourished' section of the ride will be!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Rob182 said:

I dread to think what the 'romantically nourished' section of the ride will be!

A happy ending for once? ;)

• Like 2

9 hours ago, HeyAnty said:

He mentioned Villa scouting and take best chinese young talent.  How would they be allowed to come here?  We couldnt even get a goal keeper in jan for 6 mill

It sounds like he is taking about development /training of young players. I expect there is some kind of student visa you can get for this. Any man jack and lad can get hold of one of these in the name of education.  It's one of the reason for unfettered illegal migration into the UK with bogus academies and colleges setting up. Just Google "migration London School of Business and Finance" who have a huge campus in Birmingham you can see from the railway line into Moor Street where no one seems to go in or out which is what made me suspicious. 

I digress but for educational reasons it seems obtaining visas is pretty easy for some reason

A happy ending for once? [emoji6]

Now is that before or after the 'divorce section' where the rollercoaster splits in two and we have to divide up our belongings and share them amongst the carriage?