The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

4 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Now is that before or after the 'divorce section' where the rollercoaster splits in two and we have to divide up our belongings and share them amongst the carriage?

I'm sure that WE, the fans, get nothing but to experience it again and again and...

3 hours ago, Jareth said:

So this theme park we're getting, I propose we keep this season's first 11 employed and put them in a house of horrors. 

Maybe it's going to be a retro kind of theme park with a resident troop of clowns. Lescott could drive one of those cars which all the wheels fall off to comedy effect. Guzan could have one of those giant clown noses which makes a honk sound when squeezed.... Actually that wouldn't work as he wouldn't be able to hold into it despite being on the front of his own face. If only we had someone to fall over when somebody pulled down his trousers?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Tubby said:

I can't wait to ride the Randy Lerner roller coaster. Will have some seriously massive ups and downs

It starts out ok, but then after a bit of a wobble it's just one long plummet downwards.

• Like 2

Regardless of his intentions / financial background it is so refreshing to see him respond directly to fans.

Looking back on the Letner era, the total lack of communication with fans was surely the most damaging aspect of the whole thing to the point that we ended up with fan disinterest and revolt. 

Dr Tony would do well to overhaul the PR department in his own image.

I agree, our PR-department is shockingly poor. Just the 'small' mistakes like "Remy" debacle should not happen.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 7392craig said:

It starts out ok, but then after a bit of a wobble it's just one long plummet downwards.

Don't forget the Gabby Agbonlahor zone, where smoke from shisha pipes are blown right in your face!

It sounds like he is taking about development /training of young players. I expect there is some kind of student visa you can get for this. Any man jack and lad can get hold of one of these in the name of education.  It's one of the reason for unfettered illegal migration into the UK with bogus academies and colleges setting up. Just Google "migration London School of Business and Finance" who have a huge campus in Birmingham you can see from the railway line into Moor Street where no one seems to go in or out which is what made me suspicious. 

I digress but for educational reasons it seems obtaining visas is pretty easy for some reason

Deislers thread touches on this subject and how it works (in China). The value of a Chinese player to China vs Europe means there is massive profit to be made by developing them and selling them back (even if they are not too good to be first team regulars here). Also that if we do get a first team Chinese player then the exposure would be massive.

Issues would be, 1) Getting them here as eluded to in other posts (visa etc), 2) backlash from the Chinese league in taking good players that would take away from their homegrown quota and 3) Would be a while until these players are in or around the first team.

Really advise giving Deislers thread a read. The above is me loosely paraphrasing and doesn't do it justice.

4 hours ago, Jareth said:

I love that thread. I was lecturing the wife on how football works in China, she actually listened. 

Ha! I did the same last night when my mum phoned. I tricked her into the conversation by asking if she'd seen central news this week :ph34r:

I can't wait to ride the Randy Lerner roller coaster. Will have some seriously massive ups and downs

And as you come to the end of it, there will just be downs....

But at the end, a nice Chinese bloke helps you out of the carriage, but instead of being grateful you check to see if he has stolen your wallet.

• Like 4

**** it.

It's been very bad for four or five years now.

I'm going to be happy about this until the wheels come off. Then I'll moan. But for now, happy.

This is usually my outlook. Positivity doesn't hurt anyone.

I know people will say 'but if it falls through you'll be disappointed', but being someone over the age of 14, I can actually cope with 5 minutes of disappointment. I'm certainly not going to pick faults for the sake of 'avoiding being disappointed'.

• Like 3

That does calm the nerves down a bit.

The question about Samuelsons role still remains though.

I reckon he's the best candidate they found for moving money around. China would not want to be particularly open about where money comes from, but there's a need for certain information this end. Samuelson is very dodgy, but is also a proven successful businessman in what he does. Seems a good mix. The phrase 'just the right level of corrupt' springs to mind.

I have thought for some time that our club always appears "whiter than white" and that spills over on to the the playing side too.

We need a bit of devilment introduced in to the ranks at all levels.

4 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

If we get a takeover, Moyes as manager and a £30-50m kitty this transfer window, I'm going to be one delighted Villa fan!!! 

I'd be extremely happy with this even if I didn't have £10 riding on Moyes at 25/1.

• Like 1

The Sun reckon Samuelson is to be executive chairman.

ASTON VILLA have met with David Moyes about a sensational return to English football. 
Christopher Samuelson, set to be named as executive chairman of a new Villa structure, held talks with Moyes last Thursday. 
The former Man Utd boss has been out of work since being sacked by Spanish club Real Socieded in November.
There is no agreement at this stage and the club have already made initial approaches to out-of-work Nigel Pearson and Roberto Di Matteo – though the Italian met with AS Roma officials on Saturday.
Scottish businessman Keith Wyness, formerly of Aberdeen and Everton, will become chief executive at Villa Park.
Villa were bought by Chinese businessman Dr Tony Xia for £60million last week.
And Xia’s aim is for the club — who he is claimed to have supported for “many years” — is to gain promotion back to the Premier League and become a top-six team.
In an interview with the Guardian, he said: “My ambition is to bring Villa to the top six in less than five years and I hope it can be [one of] the top three in the world – even the best well known in the world – in less than 10 years. 
“Forget the past and think we are going to enter into a new age.
“I am going to spend a lot of time there, especially in the first season. I think I will buy a house maybe in the next month.”

Edited by AlwaysAVFC
To add article