The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

Just now, 7392craig said:

It was in reference to MakeMineVanilla's post about taking an interest in the ethics behind where Xia's money comes from. I was referring to you in a joking way about all we can do is cry. There's nothing we can do about  where the money comes from.

Don't worry, I was also joking. ;)

Just now, 7392craig said:

Hard to tell through text ;)

One of the biggest problems with the internet. We need a sarcasm detector!

*please note that this was not sarcasm

*copyrighted by nobody incorporated 2090

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, meme said:

One of the biggest problems with the internet. We need a sarcasm detector!

*please note that this was not sarcasm

*copyrighted by nobody incorporated 2090

A sarcasm detector? That would be really useful.

• Like 4

On 20/05/2016 at 21:20, El-Reacho said:

This is suggesting that he might fail because of 'concerns over the financial muscle' of Recon. That has to be nonsense - the fit and proper test has nothing to do with wealth and nor should it. Most of the clubs in the football league are broke...

These newspaper reports are a nonsense. They would be investigated anyway. It does seem that they are trying to put a negative slant on it. They would be investigated under the fit and proper person check regardless so they are actually just reporting a standard procedure that would take place anyway. The leagues will want to know about where his money comes from as part of this as they need to be satisfied that the money is not from the proceeds of crime or the club to be used for money laundering 

Lerners legal team will also have to have carried out similar enquiries to ensure compliance with The Proceeds Of Crime Act so unless they uncover something Randy's legal advisers didn't he should pass that element of the test 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, tinker said:

that business makes  a loss of £60-70m a year selling MSG.  

Understandable really as there must be hardly any call for MSG in China. Seriously I don't think it's really possible to understand finance and accounts in China. I would bet if the largest seller of MSG in China is making "stated" losses of that scale it's because for some mysterious reason they want it to show those kinds of losses possibly because they are leaking unfeasibly large amounts of cash out of China into overseas markets. .  Hopefully to spunk ludicrous amounts on money on something like football club sponsorship. 

• Like 2

One thing I haven't seen mentioned here...what happens if the Chinese economy goes into recession in near future. Seen a few reports it's downturning a little so just like the Credit crunch put the brakes on Lerner's spending (with his divorce) we have to be careful looking too far ahead I'd say. 

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

One thing I haven't seen mentioned here...what happens if the Chinese economy goes into recession in near future. Seen a few reports it's downturning a little so just like the Credit crunch put the brakes on Lerner's spending (with his divorce) we have to be careful looking too far ahead I'd say. 

That could go for ANY investor, from ANY economy though.

12 hours ago, Jareth said:

In that pic of Samuelson at the newcastle game, nearly everyone in the exec box was looking bored in their posh chinos, while Tony was sat wearing a villa shirt taking a pic of the game on his phone - that gives me a lot of confidence in our new owner.

Which photo is this?  I must have missed this 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Likely won't be as big a deal depending where he's getting his finances from. If it's from internal business funds it may limit how much he wants to spend a bit, but Lerner's issue with or without the recession was he was using personal funds. Even if the recession never happened he would have cut funding eventually as no one likes to see their funds decreasing especially not their own personal wealth, he saw it going down fast and panicked. 

10 hours ago, Mantis said:

That just isn't true. Of course there is corruption here but it's a lot worse in some other countries, Nigeria especially.

That said, I'm not judging Xia either just because of where he comes from.

Whoa hold your horses. Didn't you know you can't just go round saying that it is corrupt in Nigeria. You can get in trouble for those kind of spurious comments. They are trying really hard not to be corrupt any more

29 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Whoa hold your horses. Didn't you know you can't just go round saying that it is corrupt in Nigeria. You can get in trouble for those kind of spurious comments. They are trying really hard not to be corrupt any more

You can only say it when you are next to a unguarded microphone.

• Like 1

I think the 'negative slant' is because the last thing the media want is for a Birmingham/Midlands club to suddenly become a big player, rather than the NE/London area, rather than any concern over our wellbeing. Leicester have a free pass atm because it's such a novelty and probably won't be sustained. They are much more concerned with saying we are a 'massive club, sleeping giant' etc then proceeding to rip the ever loving piss out of us. It's been happening for years. For Villa to be truly big again, that just won't do at all. 

• Like 3

On 07/05/2016 at 18:13, sidcow said:

I pray that anyone interested in taking over our mighty club was hiding somewhere in the crowd today. If they were they will be itching to get the deal done so they can start returning this magnificent institution back to where it belongs and today will make them see and understand that the top echelons of the game is where it should be with the crowd baying them on to glory 

How funny.  Was trying to find this post I seem to have remembered reading and when I discovered it I found it was me wat rote it!!!!  Anyway from the horses mouth :

The supporters must know that at the Newcastle home game, which we drew 0-0, Tony was in one of the boxes as my guest with some of his people.

The noise, the enthusiasm, the sheer passion they generate. they must understand the role that they played in actually helping Randy and I bring Tony into this club.

To actually witness that outburst of support, enthusiasm and hope from the supporters, it was amazing.

So to every one of those supporters that was there, a big thank you.

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 3