The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

Very rough estimate from Alexa shows that our Chinese site has risen 4 million places to 9 millionth on the most visited website list

Hey, it's still pretty low, but at least we're above quite a lot of dodgy **** sites!

Global Rank icon_tip.4f0ae04e390da581fff1a3fa62e9686

Global rank icon 9,477,740 4,881,543

SAUCE: http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/http%3A%2F%2Favfc.hk

oh yes and ****hub is 64th place. thanks incognito mode

Edited by meme
  • Like 3

On 20. Mai 2016 at 19:36, Dr_Pangloss said:

Yes, hard to see how this will be a benefit to us. Chinese players are **** terrible, and they will be terrible for a long time. 

......as shit as Richardson? For example

• Like 1

On 22. Mai 2016 at 11:26, meme said:

As the saying goes, "If you speak to somebody in a language they know, it goes to their head. If you speak to somebody in their home language, it goes to their heart."

Reminds me of that old saying,

"as long as a car rolls down the hill, you'll never break a bulb"

Edited by Grasshopper

On 22. Mai 2016 at 12:22, harris21 said:

Deislers thread touches on this subject and how it works (in China). The value of a Chinese player to China vs Europe means there is massive profit to be made by developing them and selling them back (even if they are not too good to be first team regulars here). Also that if we do get a first team Chinese player then the exposure would be massive.

Issues would be, 1) Getting them here as eluded to in other posts (visa etc), 2) backlash from the Chinese league in taking good players that would take away from their homegrown quota and 3) Would be a while until these players are in or around the first team.

Really advise giving Deislers thread a read. The above is me loosely paraphrasing and doesn't do it justice.

Could it be everybody is missing a hidden point here?

1) getting money out of China (approved by Gvt) is difficult.

2) Solution - Sell young chineese player to European club (business partner/ Co-owned club) for say 1mill. Buy back said player for 10mill.

Do that with 20 players, bingo 20mill invested - 180mill profit (180mill legelly exited from country)

On 5/22/2016 at 10:40, sidcow said:

It sounds like he is taking about development /training of young players. I expect there is some kind of student visa you can get for this. Any man jack and lad can get hold of one of these in the name of education.  It's one of the reason for unfettered illegal migration into the UK with bogus academies and colleges setting up. Just Google "migration London School of Business and Finance" who have a huge campus in Birmingham you can see from the railway line into Moor Street where no one seems to go in or out which is what made me suspicious. 

I digress but for educational reasons it seems obtaining visas is pretty easy for some reason

Sorry I missed your post. 

It is not that straightforward though.

yes, student exchange programme could be a potential solution - however in order to play official matches in youth academy, if you are under 18, it is no way (unless parents get jobs for non-football reasons which is a FIFA regulation) to come to UK as a Chinese player. Even if older than 18, Chinese players have to get a work permit to be able to register in the club for U19 team.

Coming to Villa without being able to play in the official youth matches is quite pointless to both parties tbh. 

12 hours ago, srsmithusa said:

You will find that some VT posters are just complete pieces of #&## as human beings, and some come here to do nothing but quarrel and be argumentative. 

You+talking+to+me.jpg

Culturally inept, am I? 

What I was referring to was the fact that in this country, and historically, ethnic Chinese men have a big reputation as gambling lovers. If this is completely wrong, I apologise, but I would be very surprised if it was. 

Hence my question about the ruling party in China. Deisler's reply would suggest that it is very much a CPC policy to suppress gambling. Personally, I have no quibble with this. I don't gamble myself, I see it as a pernicious habit that can ruin lives, and I have never been happy with Villa having gambling sponsorship. OK? 

I may have issues with the policies of the Chinese state, but this isn't one of them. 

I am not 'anti-Chinese' in any ethnic sense, anymore than my dislike of the state of Israel makes me antisemitic (thank you, Naz Shah), or my dislike of the Saudi regime makes me Islamophobic. 

And, srsmithusa - no, you didn't name me. So who were you referring to? 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Duck said:

Copied this across from the neighbouring Samuelson thread. Fit and proper persons bit stood out for me. I know it's from four years ago but it's still be a similar process wouldn't it?

*Four month process!?

*No unspent criminal convictions  related to dishonesty

*Buyer must not be bankrupt

*Buyer must not have an insolvent in two previous club insolvencies 

*Proof must be shown of funds to buy club

*Future business plans must be laid out to show the club can remain solvent and meet its upcoming fixtures

The next bit is the concerning bit for me though.

*Both leagues use corporate intelligence services to scope out buyers. Mainly through press coverage and public sources.

*Inquiries also sent to home office and foreign office to ask foreign governments about buyer. 

I'd say most of these Tony would be fine on. He'd probably welcome them asking the Chinese government for a reference. The lack of public sources however might be a stumbling block, and were hardly getting positive press about the takeover. If they haven't started yet it could be s while before the doctor can actually start to operate...

I wondered about the part " fulfil its fixtures for the season ahead".  Surely any business plan will be for a longer term than 12 months?

Just now, Richard said:

So whats the feeling today then?

Xia = Crook with nothing to back up the deal and it will all go pear shaped

or

Xia = Bone fide genuine

The press have now squished them together into a horrible-looking piece of play-dough. Most of the ones leaning towards the former have been proven wrong by evidence now.