The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

2 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

Actually, thinking out loud, it seems to say that we've floated a deal to a number of Chinese private equity firms, instructed by the advisors at whatever bank we're using to broker any deal, and if anyone options it then it would be a job well done by us. 

However, as such he also seems to think that no one actually would take up this proposal.

(If he's legit and I've read his Tweet correctly)

So that would mean we're not close to a deal being done then if Lerner's still fishing for a buyer??

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

Not disagreeing but where are you getting the deal is stacked from?  Isn't that second tweet just saying something along the lines it will be interesting to see what Chinese PE firm/s implement (execute) on the deal?  Maybe more than one?

Pure guesswork if I'm honest mate. It's the fact he's saying he 'doubts it will come off' which suggests to me that we've put an ambitious proposal together.

Probably all nonsense anyway.

2 minutes ago, Godders said:

So that would mean we're not close to a deal being done then if Lerner's still fishing for a buyer??

Yes and no. It's not like selling a car on eBay.

Lerner will have his team that will put the sale together and float the company to potential suitors. As ever, it's not just the physical assets of owning Aston Villa, more likely the finer details that can make or break a deal. How hands-on Lerner is with this is unknown.

Staffing, purchase payment terms, pensions, contracts, directors to be retained.... right down to things like choice of insurance provider for professional indemnity and medical, perhaps even a couple of clauses that Lerner will put in - i.e. new owners may only purchase the club providing they do not do "X" or "Y"... 

All supposition, but the buyers could be "found" but the deal still someway off at the same time.

1 minute ago, StanBalaban said:

Pure guesswork if I'm honest mate. It's the fact he's saying he 'doubts it will come off' which suggests to me that we've put an ambitious proposal together.

Probably all nonsense anyway.

Sure.  To me the words "I can't wait to find out what terms are" followed by "doubt it will come off" seem a bit contradictory, like he is in the dark about the details while knowing something about the basic structure of the proposed deal. Tbh I kind of hope it is nonsense if we are just throwing it out there trying to attract PE firms.

• Like 1

Someone on TBAR posted, "Hi guys, haven't posted on here in a very long time but just thought I'd pass on a little bit of info. Hollis flew to Shanghai this afternoon on flight BA169 from Heathrow. Flew with two other people. I don't know if it's anything takeover related but I guess it's possible."  4:26 pm

1 hour ago, dn1982 said:

What TV money? We are a Championship club they don't get anything!! A new owner wouldn't give away potential future revenue streams!! 

Yeah I know all that - that's why I said 'future' and why I thought it might well be a sticking point.  I have heard several times that Lerner was holding out for some form of future cut in lieu of a lower price.  Not for a minute saying anything in it, just speculating what the 'small print' might be and why it could cause people to pull out.

27 minutes ago, thabucks said:

The sycophantic bullshitters over @TBAR are also claiming its Ellison with Pearson as manager signed sealed and soon to be delivered apparently 

Holy wishful thinking batman!!.. The 7th richest person in the world and love him or hate him but a manager that is likely one of the better candidates to have in the Championship.. All this wishful thinking makes me think it will be Lerner's cousin with McLeish or some shit, seems about right considering this is Aston Villa after all nothing good happens to us these days. 

18 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Yeah I know all that - that's why I said 'future' and why I thought it might well be a sticking point.  I have heard several times that Lerner was holding out for some form of future cut in lieu of a lower price.  Not for a minute saying anything in it, just speculating what the 'small print' might be and why it could cause people to pull out.

He hasnt the desire to turn us into a PL club again so needs to sell. He could easily keep a % to try to claim money back later but can't see it myself. He wants out. Trying to gain £20m could cost him a lot more!! 

11 hours ago, 260582 said:

321a9086dc23d77b25e0b13bf53165dd.jpg

Wilson answered a fan with this earlier.

There is 6 too many 'o' s in there..... Sir doth protest too much! :P

Oh well never mind. But I still think my amateur sleuthing got to a better "So who is David Freeman?" than the evening mail came up with!  They never even linked him to Derby County which you would have thought about professional journalist paid to report about our club and who the man linked with a takeover they would get to

1 hour ago, Gary Thomas said:

Someone on TBAR posted, "Hi guys, haven't posted on here in a very long time but just thought I'd pass on a little bit of info. Hollis flew to Shanghai this afternoon on flight BA169 from Heathrow. Flew with two other people. I don't know if it's anything takeover related but I guess it's possible."  4:26 pm

I smell a nose 

We're going to be sold to some scavenging capitalist pig-dogs who are hedging their bets on buying us on the cheap (lol) and selling us for considerably more. How much will they be willing to fork out to ensure their gamble pays off? I'm guessing not much of their own dosh at all, which means the club will have to fund its own revival while the pig-dogs sip their champers and laugh at the plebs for buying into the 5 year plan or whatever.

It is absolutely hilarious that the Ellison rumour just keeps coming up when he has probably not even heard of us.

The most logical would be Chinese money with the countries ambitions to be a powerhouse owning an English club could make you very popular. That said that doesn't fit with the American/Irish rumours from the weekend so.........

Even after being bought by new owners and installing a new manager.....we have a long way to go assuming that moving forward,decisions that we make will dramatically improve.

3 hours ago, Godders said:

As long as he's actually trying rather than conning the fans into thinking he's trying, I'm OK with it. 

We need to just ride it out. Hope it happens before the transfer window opens too. 

19 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

The most logical would be Chinese money with the countries ambitions to be a powerhouse owning an English club could make you very popular. That said that doesn't fit with the American/Irish rumours from the weekend so.........

I heard it's actually a Nigerian Prince that is buying us and will do part fan ownership; just send him £100, your bank and address details, passport and driving licence and your Facebook login.

• Like 3