The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

On 09/05/2016 at 17:53, Chindie said:

The Mirror thinks a Chinese investment group is the front runner in the takeover and could have it all done in a fortnight.

Let's hope The Mirror are as reliable as usual.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, John said:

If we have been in extensive negotiations for a couple of weeks which it has been said at the weekend might be concluded in a couple of weeks why are we now hearing that another bidder may be entering the fray at what would be a late stage?

Have the earlier negotiations broken down? Are any ongoing talks less far advanced than had been thought? Has our "custodian" put any earlier negotiations on hold because a new bidder has offered him a few dollars more? 

So that report quoted suggests to me that our "custodian" might no longer be as concerned about selling to the most suitable buyer and may currently be more motivated by selling to the bidder who offers him the most cash. I hope he has set a price and that he would stick to that and would see who would match it before selecting the best bid for the club he claims to be the "custodian" of rather than sell to the highest bidder. Time will tell...   

It could be because the press are a load of lying toerags who just make stories up!  I am not saying this has legs but in this whole affair there is only 1 cast iron indisputable fact and that is David Freeman has set up a company called AVFC 1874 Ltd

I think the only question is if that was a vehicle for a bid 12 months ago or for now. If it is for now is is being considered by Randy or not. London Evening Standard seems to think so for some reason 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 260582 said:

He has just tweeted he is coming to the uk at the end of the month to Wembley stadium and has dcfc in his bio

He seems to tweet quite a lot.  If anyone is on Twitter they could ask him if he knows why his mate has set up such a company name? 

7 hours ago, 260582 said:

W Brett Wilson is looking forward to the play off finals with Derby County this season. Doubt he has interest with Villa

As someone said he and David Newman sold their stake in Derby last year. It was only 25% anyway so he might be looking for a more controlling stake next time 

1 hour ago, 260582 said:

321a9086dc23d77b25e0b13bf53165dd.jpg

Wilson answered a fan with this earlier.

Well, that's pretty clear cut.

FYI, he did sell his stake in DCFC to a local business man in 2015. His BIO must be out of date.

Read more: http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Derby-County-owner-says-club-good-hands/story-27729401-detail/story.html#ixzz48KhD00Tk 

AS MEL Morris buysicon1.png Derby County Football Club off North American LLP for undisclosed fee, one of its former owners took to Twitter to say the club is now "in good hands".

Billionnaire businessman and investor Brett Wilson also said he was "delighted" to have had a role in the "rebirth" of the clubicon1.png.

To round back on the Chinese VC conversation the other day, anyone wondering why they might be interested should take 6 minutes of their day to watch the video on the BBC here - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36246519

China wants to be a "world football superpower" by 2050 and aims to develop a national team capable of winning the World Cup.

President Xi Jinping, a football enthusiast, wants the country to have at least 20,000 football training centres and 70,000 pitches in place by 2020.

There's money to be made, favour to be curried, and glory to be had.

Bring it on...

• Like 4

I just wish they'd hurry up whoever it is.  I know these deals are complex but time really is critical - the club and new owners (whoever they are) must be aware that the first game in the Championship is now under 3 months away (it was August 7th 8th last year).  There is so much work to do.  This, and the managerial appointment, needs to be sorted so that work can start. I am hoping things are already in place and they will announce it officially after the Arsenal game when the season is finished.

Edited by Gary Thomas

19 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

I just wish they'd hurry up whoever it is.  I know these deals are complex but time really is critical - the club and new owners (whoever they are) must be aware that the first game in the Championship is now under 3 months away (it was August 7th 8th last year).  There is so much work to do.  This, and the managerial appointment, needs to be sorted so that work can start. I am hoping things are already in place and they will announce it officially after the Arsenal game when the season is finished.

My concern to. If theres not a manager in the next couple weeks - next season becomes very difficult. There is so much to do. July just won't cut it IMO.

I think we have the manager sorted and probably the owner but one will follow the other or the pressers would just be about the takeover not the manager. As long as everyone is in place by the start of preseason We will be fine. I'd like it a lot sooner and think the manager will meet the players next week before they disappear so he can tell the ones he doesn't want that they're off!!! This is why I think a takeover is close so it'll all happen rapidly next week!! 

What are the odds on RL using bidders to up the price so hard that they all cancel their interest and we're left with RL, Krulak, SH (instructed to cut costs) EB as manager, Gaby club/team captain leading the attack?

1 minute ago, Grasshopper said:

What are the odds on RL using bidders to up the price so hard that they all cancel their interest and we're left with RL, Krulak, SH (instructed to cut costs) EB as manager, Gaby club/team captain leading the attack?

None what so ever 

After making a pigs ear of running AVFC I really dont see him playing silly buggers over the sale and I think he will do his best to sell to the people who will do the best job of gaining us promotion as didnt Pat Murphy say how embarrsed Lerner was at what had happened to the club under his tenure.

13 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

After making a pigs ear of running AVFC I really dont see him playing silly buggers over the sale and I think he will do his best to sell to the people who will do the best job of gaining us promotion as didnt Pat Murphy say how embarrsed Lerner was at what had happened to the club under his tenure.

I think he said his friends didn't speak to him about it any longer because they knew how upset and embarrassed he was about what has happened.