The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

2 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Just started a new job and my boss is close friends with somebody who is close friends with Hollis. Asked him if he knew anything about the takeover but he didn't.

Thanks for sharing :D

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sexbelowsound said:

The Nashville Predators are one of the least wealthy teams in the NHL.

You mean ice hockey isn't a big deal in Tennessee?

:ph34r:

Edited by maqroll
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Just started a new job and my boss is close friends with somebody who is close friends with Hollis. Asked him if he knew anything about the takeover but he didn't.

Sorry guys I tried.

I sat next to Hollis for six hours on a flight, but fell asleep and didn't ask him any questions re the take over.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Gary Thomas said:

This doesn't add up for me.  Steve Hollis' statement was “there has been no shortage of parties but our negotiations are now with those parties that we believe will have the passion and ambition to return the club to winning the highest honours in European football."  Surely that would not be this Freeman fella unless he is part of a consortium. 

I don't like him at all on his own. He hasn't enough money. The local papers seem to like him and don't seem to blame him on the tax thing in fact seem to think he was persecuted somewhat 

He has his fingers in a lot of pies looking at it including a lot of sports and music/entertainment companies

Also he very DEFINITELY seems to have something to do with this or an earlier bid. It's definitely his name of the AVFC1874 Ltd company and its very hard to see any other reason for a man like that to set up a company In the UK with that name

So the front man for a consortium?  Anyone else taken a look at the wiki page for the Nashville Predators? :detect:

One of their recent investors is W Brett Wilson a Canadian billionaire worth a reasonable bit more than Randy who also likes investing in sports and in fact currently owns 25% of Derby County.

Maybe he has caught the soccer bug and fancies some higher involvement as a majority owner of a bigger club and who better to front it for him than his pal from the predators who has experience in buying and running sports teams? 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Gary Thomas said:

This doesn't add up for me.  Steve Hollis' statement was “there has been no shortage of parties but our negotiations are now with those parties that we believe will have the passion and ambition to return the club to winning the highest honours in European football."  Surely that would not be this Freeman fella unless he is part of a consortium. 

I don't like him at all on his own. He hasn't enough money. The local papers seem to like him and don't seem to blame him on the tax thing in fact seem to think he was persecuted somewhat 

He has his fingers in a lot of pies looking at it including a lot of sports and music/entertainment companies

Also he very DEFINITELY seems to have something to do with this or an earlier bid. It's definitely his name of the AVFC1874 Ltd company and its very hard to see any other reason for a man like that to set up a company In the UK with that name

So the front man for a consortium?  Anyone else taken a look at the wiki page for the Nashville Predators? :detect:

One of their recent investors is W Brett Wilson a Canadian billionaire worth a reasonable bit more than Randy who also likes investing in sports and in fact currently owns 25% of Derby County.

Maybe he has caught the soccer bug and fancies some higher involvement as a majority owner of a bigger club and who better to front it for him than his pal from the predators who has experience in buying and running sports teams? 

EDIT He sold his stake in Derby last year so now may well want another football investment! 

2 hours ago, dounavilla said:

I asked my boss this afternoon as well.

He said "get back to **** work".

I saw Hollis in a picture, I kept asking him about the take over, but he just stared at me like a statue....

• Like 1

Been looking into W Brett Wilson some more. He also owns a minor league Baseball team with Freeman so that is 2 sports teams they own together and one report described them as friends

He seems to be personally worth $1.5bn and his investment firm controls investments in excess of $2 bn

He ticks a lot of boxes in terms of someone who knows sports and someone who has an eye for an investment. He knows English football from Derby. He would I am sure see how buying Villa for a relatively small amount of money could turn a decent profit if the proper management and investment was put in to return us to the PL

His friend who he already owns 2 sports teams with (but couldn't afford us on his own) has set up a UK company which by its very name HAS to be something to do with Villa and The London Evening Standard has discovered some Intel on suggesting they were set up to buy us. 

I say this is very interesting Mr Bond! 

Or it could all be set up by Randy Lerner to sell some extra season tickets......

EDIT David Freeman was also involved in Derby County so for sports investment when you see David Freeman read W Brett Wilson 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Been looking into W Brett Wilson some more. He also owns a minor league Baseball team with Freeman so that is 2 sports teams they own together and one report described them as friends

He seems to be personally worth $1.5bn and his investment firm controls investments in excess of $2 bn

He ticks a lot of boxes in terms of someone who knows sports and someone who has an eye for an investment. He knows English football from Derby. He would I am sure see how buying Villa for a relatively small amount of money could turn a decent profit if the proper management and investment was put in to return us to the PL

His friend who he already owns 2 sports teams with (but couldn't afford us on his own) has set up a UK company which by its very name HAS to be something to do with Villa and The London Evening Standard has discovered some Intel on suggesting they were set up to buy us. 

I say this is very interesting Mr Bond! 

Or it could all be set up by Randy Lerner to sell some extra season tickets......

EDIT David Freeman was also involved in Derby County so for sports investment when you see David Freeman read W Brett Wilson 

1.5-2 Billion dollars, bloody peasents.

If we have been in extensive negotiations for a couple of weeks which it has been said at the weekend might be concluded in a couple of weeks why are we now hearing that another bidder may be entering the fray at what would be a late stage?

Have the earlier negotiations broken down? Are any ongoing talks less far advanced than had been thought? Has our "custodian" put any earlier negotiations on hold because a new bidder has offered him a few dollars more? 

11 hours ago, VillanousOne said:

Dealmakers say the team’s relegation from the Premier League has spurred a new impetus in negotiations, which had previously stalled due to disagreements over price and Lerner’s concerns to find the most suitable buyer

So that report quoted suggests to me that our "custodian" might no longer be as concerned about selling to the most suitable buyer and may currently be more motivated by selling to the bidder who offers him the most cash. I hope he has set a price and that he would stick to that and would see who would match it before selecting the best bid for the club he claims to be the "custodian" of rather than sell to the highest bidder. Time will tell...   

5 minutes ago, John said:

If we have been in extensive negotiations for a couple of weeks which it has been said at the weekend might be concluded in a couple of weeks why are we now hearing that another bidder may be entering the fray at what would be a late stage?

Cause investigations by the media don't get all the scoops in one nice and neat bundle. This "new" bidder may have been there from day one but they just didn't hear about them until now, maybe some of the other consortium's make more noise talk to more people outside of the deal than this one. There are lots of factors and if this new bidder keeps to themselves and operates a professionally as the others should then we should only be hearing about them now that it's seemingly wrapping up. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Daweii said:

Cause investigations by the media don't get all the scoops in one nice and neat bundle. This "new" bidder may have been there from day one but they just didn't hear about them until now, maybe some of the other consortium's make more noise talk to more people outside of the deal than this one. There are lots of factors and if this new bidder keeps to themselves and operates a professionally as the others should then we should only be hearing about them now that it's seemingly wrapping up. 

Yes if this was the bidder we were in negotiations with and that is now near to buying the club that would explain things if the other 7 or so others who had been reported to be interested in making bids did not or offered less money than the price tag or were considered less suitable buyers.