The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

5 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

After making a pigs ear of running AVFC I really dont see him playing silly buggers over the sale and I think he will do his best to sell to the people who will do the best job of gaining us promotion as didnt Pat Murphy say how embarrsed Lerner was at what had happened to the club under his tenure.

Hmmm, I don't doubt he'll do his best, I don't doubt he's embarrassed.

Unfortunately, I don't see any of that helping him over the slight problem of being monumentally incompetent.

He will over think this sale, take too long, worry, consult, reconsider, consult someone else, delay.....and then do something so left field stupid none of us had it as an option. 

• Like 2

Agreed when trying to predict Lerners next move out of a crisis I always find its best to think of the oddest decision you could take and go from there.

The best I can do is that in the absence of a buyer he likes he'll approach whoever owns the noses these days to try a merger and turn us into a Midlands based super club.

• Like 1

I see the internet sleuths are out in force again! 

I'll be honest, I'm tired of it. I just want his reign to be over and I'll not judge whoever comes in for at least a few years, if/when that happens. I don't trust my own judgement anymore. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KSV said:

Championship starts earlier than the Premier League too. Even less time to prepare than normal. 

Aug 6 - less then 12 weeks.

Having said that if RDM is the favourite - all of a sudden I have patience.

3 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

What are the odds on RL using bidders to up the price so hard that they all cancel their interest and we're left with RL, Krulak, SH (instructed to cut costs) EB as manager, Gaby club/team captain leading the attack?

50/50?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Richard said:

We'll all know by this time next week 

Hope your right Richard! The sooner the better for me, so someone can come in and start clearing the dead wood from the first team.  We're gonna need a lot of skips!

Twitter guff for you all but... I don't really know what this means.

1. Alexander SW Jarvis ‏@Ajarvis8  5h5 hours ago Paris, France
    Can't wait to find out what terms are on the small print on the Aston Villa deal. Doubt it will come off.

Alexander SW Jarvis ‏@Ajarvis8
    It will be Interesting to see what Chinese PE firm/s execute on deal & FA who advised such a deal.
Edited by PieFacE

This is that fella...

http://www.blackbridgecrossborders.com/about-bcb/team/alexander-jarvis/

亚历山大·贾维斯
Alexander S.W. Jarvis

Alexander Jarvis is the Chairman of Blackbridge Cross Borders Co (BCB) since 2013. Alexander’s core role is structuring, advising and facilitating arbitrages, transnational business transactions, inbound-outbound Investment in China along with managing the Blackbridge team and its associates across Europe, Central Asia and East Asia.

His mission is predominantly the brokering of outbound investments for Chinese top high net worth individuals and privately-owned conglomerates in the following sectors; agribusiness, sports, financial services and real-estate. Blackbridge Cross Borders under Alexander’s leadership has rapidly expanded in China with successful projects completed ranging in size from ¥50 million to ¥1,200 million with the largest multi sector deal executed on behalf of a leading European Investment bank.

Alexander’s team under mandate with several Chinese conglomerates is acquiring large real-estate holdings and buying assets and companies. Prior to Blackbridge Cross Borders creation, Alexander has sold two businesses and has been involved globally in a multitude of projects across a diverse range of industries, most notably within the financial sector.

Over the past years, Alexander actively promotes and contributes to a stronger British and Chinese commercial integration.

Connect/Engage:  Twitter | LinkedIn  | WeChat (ajarvis8)

Email: ajarvis@blackbridgecrossborders.com

4 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Sounds like someone who would know about Chinese investing in the Uk, interesting... 

Doesn't seem to have a fan connection to the Villa, so could well have an ear on the grapevine. 

Could also be a high(ish) profile brand to namedrop in order to gain attention to his business.

(Much in the same way that a corporation would actually buy a football club I guess)

As each day goes by the price Lerner can ask is dropping, I would think any interested parties will have a  manager lined up how long they wait or if they walk away is the question, similar to a game of dare only it's the immediate future of avfc that's at stake.

I do however fear the worst looking at Lerner's track record , he has had since Xmas to sort a buyer out for a championship club and has failed. We could have had Remi building for next season, not ideal but far better than Black and or no one.

We have players contracts expiring and no one who can decide on new contracts in position.

I really fear for the future of the club if this continues. 

My self protection device is kicking in and urging me to distance myself from this Beautiful club.UTV 

8 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Wonder if the small print is Randys insistence on a future cut of TV money I keep hearing about ??

What TV money? We are a Championship club they don't get anything!! A new owner wouldn't give away potential future revenue streams!! 

16 minutes ago, terrytini said:

What on earth does that second tweet mean (assuming for a moment it is true and relevant) ?

I'm a little confused myself so I tweeted him.

Seems to be saying that the deal is unusually stacked in one party's favour, as he's wondering which Financial Advisory firm assisted on such a contract (that's how I read it). Sounds like it's not a done deal, but something that's been offered, as he's asking which Chinese Private Equity firms will take-up the deal on offer.

• Like 1

Actually, thinking out loud, it seems to say that we've floated a deal to a number of Chinese private equity firms, instructed by the advisors at whatever bank we're using to broker any deal, and if anyone options it then it would be a job well done by us. 

However, as such he also seems to think that no one actually would take up this proposal.

(If he's legit and I've read his Tweet correctly)

10 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

I'm a little confused myself so I tweeted him.

Seems to be saying that the deal is unusually stacked in one party's favour, as he's wondering which Financial Advisory firm assisted on such a contract (that's how I read it). Sounds like it's not a done deal, but something that's been offered, as he's asking which Chinese Private Equity firms will take-up the deal on offer.

Not disagreeing but where are you getting the deal is stacked from?  Isn't that second tweet just saying something along the lines it will be interesting to see what Chinese PE firm/s implement (execute) on the deal?  Maybe more than one?

Edit. I think this is what you said in your second post.  On reflection, the first tweet does suggest the terms of the deal are stacked, BUT the fact that he says (Can't wait to find out what terms are on the small print on the Aston Villa deal) suggests at that time he didn't know what they are - so maybe attractive maybe not

Edited by Gary Thomas