Bernstein/King resign?

Delphinho123

Really worrying for me. I was reassured that at least with kings presence we had a genuine fan who would ensure things were done with the best interests of the club in mind. Him leaving suggests that things are not.

Pat Murphy was on 5 live drive and he speculated that maybe their decision to leave was contributed to by Reilly staying at the club, who he said randy thinks very highly of. He also said of the sale that randy is ready to take a massive hit finacially, just to get away and that he is at the point where he can longer even speak publicly about the club, as he is embarrassed by the knowledge that his actions have got us to where we are today ( sorry if that has already been posted). All speculation on his behals but an interesting angle.

blacks weekends critic rambling that he is trying to avert player anarchy due to uncertainty, then today's resigning suggest something very very odd is going on. What I am unsure, but I'm worried we have further to fall!

4 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Exactly. It's all about short term. It's already got SSN and people talking about the possibility of a sale. It's done the job of making it not just negative news today and takes away some of the focus. 

If it was real. Why would they announce it now? Why not yesterday? Why not as a separate announcement?

Delusional to buy into it. 

See, part of me hopes that Steven Hollis is a well respected professional businessman and wouldn't throw his career under a bus.

Is it not entirely possible that Bernstein and King just couldn't execute the original plan with the structure of an owner other than Lerner?  That they jumped before pushed for the sake of their careers?

Don't know what's true but worth saying

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, blandy said:

Reading their two letters again I think the following things stand out:

it's not about cash or money.

The football board talked to the owner today. Bernstein says essentially that the role he was told he had, to oversee football operations has been undermined. Their plan was radical and has been rejected - that Randy wanted to "compromise" (i.e. water down) the plan.

King basically just says "I can't work with you any more. GTFO" because what we were appointed to do has been "stalled".

So whatever agreements were made a month ago and whatever the football board plans were, Randy and (I suspect Krulak) have not stuck to their side of the agreement. Randy rejected the proposals of the FB.

If it was (just) about money, that would come out in the wording. Plus, there's no way the football board would have been told they had responsibility for providing funding to the manager. That would always be the main board.

It's about people going back on their word. It's about people not listening and taking advice. It's about trust.

Pete,

Ultimately it all comes back to the money.

My belief is that the Football Board were told that it was down to them to identify suitable candidates but to do so they needed some idea of potential player budgets. Lerner then prevaricated or they were told to proceed without this information and couldn't agree. I have always that they were a "football board" in name only and had no power.

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Paddy Reilly and bacuna getting destroyed by StanStan

Someone should point out the Leicester wanted to sign Veretout just as much as us, Stoke wanted to sign Adama, Amavi and Ayew have provided the best quality this season and it's the senior players in the dressing room that have let us down most.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Tubby said:

See, part of me hopes that Steven Hollis is a well respected professional businessman and wouldn't throw his career under a bus.

Is it not entirely possible that Bernstein and King just couldn't execute the original plan with the structure of an owner other than Lerner?  That they jumped before pushed for the sake of their careers?

Don't know what's true but worth saying

I have heard varying comments about Hollis's skills as a 'professional businessman' and the one than stood out is that he is 'good a cutting costs'. Make of that what you will.

Just now, ferguson1 said:

Just heard him - do you think that story can be true?  Incredible!

Has to be mate collymore would get sued otherwise. Unbelievable what's going on at this club hiring fools like ReillyReilly