Bernstein/King resign?

Delphinho123

1 minute ago, ferguson1 said:

Gutted we didn't hear his Bacuna story just before 8.00pm.  Staggers butted in and they went to the news.  All he said was that he bumped into Bacuna at Birminham airport.........???

If it's the story I'm thinking about, it's the nothing story that he saw Bacuna pissing about on a segway or hoverboard (can't remember which) at an airport.

• Like 1

Just now, coda said:

I missed a few minutes. Why did it change from Villa problems to Stan problems?

Most TalkShite listeners aren't interested in Villa. But they do like dogging stories. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mwj said:

He can't even keep it together with the pressure of a radio job and he wants to manage one of the biggest clubs in the country?

He doesn't want the manager job, but a player liaison job... 

2 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Gutted we didn't hear his Bacuna story just before 8.00pm.  Staggers butted in and they went to the news.  All he said was that he bumped into Bacuna at Birminham airport.........???

It'll be the one about Bacuna on a "hoverboard."

I did wonder why Reilly hadn't gone around the same time as the other two.

I suspect that Reilly could be the one doing the undermining Bernstein referenced in his letter.

My first thought was that the board had made contact with Lerner with some options for planning for next season all of which would require some financial backing from Lerner who has basically said no more money from me I am trying to get rid of the club so not a cent more from me. Hence Bernsteins plans cannot be put into place an King knows that the club cannot do anything until Lerner has left and resigned too.

It's interesting that Brian is still there bearing in mind he resigned as manager when he felt he couldn't do more for the club.

15 minutes ago, Xela said:

Brutally honest isn't he? I find in very refreshing 

I don't recall any person openly talking about their personal problems honestly even the ulrika incident. You might like Stan but bloody hell does he have balls talking about it openly

5 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

"I got on a plane leaving Birmingham at 6am on Thursday and who was on the flight only five or six hours after playing for Aston Villa in yet another defeat was Leandro Bacuna.

He had a little hoverboard that he was riding around the airport before scarpering off back to Holland for a day.

There’s so much disunity at the club that players can’t wait to get away to their parent countries whenever they get the chance.

They don’t have any links to the city, which is the problem when you buy players using the Moneyball system.

You’re buying them on statistics, you’re not looking them in the eye and seeing if they really want to be at your club."

• Like 3

3 hours ago, blandy said:

Appointing a manager if the club is soon to be taken over would be a possible example:

Hypothetically the football board say "Get Pearson (or whoever) in now, to start work immediately" and Hollis (or RL) say "the club may be bought by [X] so we can't appoint a manager they might not want, we need to wait and see what transpires".

That does not seem like a reason to resign over,that looks like a common sense move.

Just now, LakotaDakota said:

"I got on a plane leaving Birmingham at 6am on Thursday and who was on the flight only five or six hours after playing for Aston Villa in yet another defeat was Leandro Bacuna.

He had a little hoverboard that he was riding around the airport before scarpering off back to Holland for a day.

There’s so much disunity at the club that players can’t wait to get away to their parent countries whenever they get the chance.

They don’t have any links to the city, which is the problem when you buy players using the Moneyball system.

You’re buying them on statistics, you’re not looking them in the eye and seeing if they really want to be at your club."

Could have been a friend or relatives birthday, or a wedding etc

If a sale was anywhere near close and Hollis was actually heavily involved in negotiations with a buyer; then why would they both resign? They would hold on for a few weeks and hope to forge a relationship with the new owner.

• Like 1