New Badge 2016

mattyvilla

36 minutes ago, Sam3773 said:

We filed the trademark for this late last year. Meets all the description. Could be the one.

45bebc4b42d1c810776a1dd14d67a8c8.jpg

It's shit, and yet it's still less shit than our current badge.

Honestly, a GCSE design student would be embarrassed by our current badge.

1 badge, 2 fonts. Colours so washed out that a few feet away you can't tell what it is, and a declawed lion.

• Like 3

The thing I don't like about the current badge is the star.

I know we won the European Cup in '82, but by putting the star inside our crest, it feels to me like an admission that we'll never see it proudly sailing above.

Firstly, the badge we have now is a trainwreck. Two fonts that clash, the pastel blue background and the fact Nike had a huge say in it so it was easy for them to manufacture their stuff (notice how many clubs have badge re-brands when they move to Nike...). 

This £2million price though. It's bananas. It's not £2million for the design. It's the Mail putting a guess price at how much it'd be for all the new stationery, signs etc. Updating the mosaic? Like that is going to happen. The old Trinity one wasn't updated every time a badge was changed. It's part of the stand. We may get a new badge, but the current one will always be part of Aston Villa.

There are plenty, plenty of things to have a go at Villa for without having to make things up and guess prices to make things more sensationalist.

As for dropping 'Prepared' - it's still the club's motto. But we haven't been prepared for a season for ten years now. It also wasn't on the club's badge during perhaps our most famous couple of years.

There are plenty of things to get our knickers in a twist over. This isn't one of them. 

Having said that, it is a slight concern that Wijertna appears to have used the same company to do the same job wherever he goes. They may be very good. But it does stink somewhat of 'Jobs for the boys', when perhaps a more prudent, sensible approach - and one that might benefit the local economy more, would have been to tender it out to the many local companies in the area who I am sure would have done just a good a job. 

44 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I can't imagine a single thing I could care less about. 

You are lucky not to be an obsessive lunatic like the rest of us who do care...

Our badge needs our name on it! Abbreviations do nothing to promote the name of the club. The name is our brand. I'd like the round one back with the added star but what ever one we get it needs Our name Our lion Our colours and Our well deserved star. We have had varying shapes over the year so as long as it includes what I've stated I'll be happy but I'd like a return to the round one. 

• Like 1

They should pay me to organise it.

I'd hire D1, SBS and anyone else on here who can knock up a decent design, then put the best ones to a vote on here.

I guarantee the badge that won would be better than our current one, and most likely the new one too.

Easy.

That'll be a million quid. Thanks.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

I can't imagine a single thing I could care less about. 

I have to ask, why don't you care?

There are far more pressing matters that need to be addressed at the club first, undoubtedly. The timing of this does appear to be a bit like "Relegated you say? Never mind, here's something shiny and new to look at!".

But if they're gonna change it anyway, you're really not fussed about what it looks like?

We filed the trademark for this late last year. Meets all the description. Could be the one.

What a pointless, boring change.

It's an improvement but it's still a pretty poor badge.

We should go closer to the old lion shape, it feels more Aston Villa.

12 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I like PREPARED.

As the new one is the third version of our badge, it should be recorded on our badge motto like this:

III Prepared 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Sam3773 said:

Thats bloody terrible, somehow they have managed to find a badge worse than the existing one. Expect nothing less from that idiot Fox

1 hour ago, Spoony said:

Can confirm this is the new badge: https://euipo.europa.eu/eSearch/#details/trademarks/014517254

Looks disgustingly awful.

What am I meant to be seeing on that link? It just takes me to a search engine.

Edit: ignore me. It worked the second time I clicked it

Edited by Stevo985

9 hours ago, gaffmaster said:

The thing I don't like about the current badge is the star.

Yeah it's small time and looks shite. THe whole badge was a missed opportunity really and this new version looks even worse. £2m for that? What a farce. It would only happen at Villa.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

We have actually payed for someone to remove the border and a word from a badge.

we just love throwing money away.

We should demand 2m back from Tom Fox from his payoff the "word removed" what a wste of bloody money