New Badge 2016

mattyvilla

10 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Could not care less.

Spend the budget on some players instead or more realistically a decent manager's salary.

I actually made that comment without reading the first page and realizing this is costing 2m.....:lol:

i actually agree with it, we arent exactly going to expect the club to spend millions on players in the summer.

a new badge was needed the current one is too americanised, its should always say Aston Villa on the badge and not AVFC, although i prefer a crest than a circular badge.

• Like 1

With respect to Fox, he was very good on commercial aspects at Arsenal. He may have had an excellent commercial plan for us, but unfortunately that all counts for nothing when the team perform so badly. It damages the brand.

I'm up for a badge change. Indeed, I'd like from now on to be known as the post Lerner era. I hope this can signify the end of his involvement in the club once and for all. In that respect he's a bit like the Queen. A figurehead with little influence, but of his own choosing.

Once again my first reaction is:

Guess they would not be doing this if a sale was imminent or even on the horizon.

Cosmetic changes while the important things stay the same...

I must be the only one who doesn't want a cheap dated looking retro badge. 

These people are paid good money to come up with contemporary designs so thankfully we won't get a naff retro circle.

I'm probably also in a minority in actually liking the current one. 

It will be bold, still have the AVFC, I expect dashed italics to be involved somewhere as that's the in thing at the moment with these graphic designer types.

Edited by supernova26

£2m isn't going to be the difference in us coming up or staying down next season.

If this means we get an improvement on our current badge, which is terrible, then I'm all for it.

• Like 2

I know this is a minority opinion but I've always rather liked the current badge.

1 hour ago, AndyBM said:

i actually agree with it, we arent exactly going to expect the club to spend millions on players in the summer.

a new badge was needed the current one is too americanised, its should always say Aston Villa on the badge and not AVFC, although i prefer a crest than a circular badge.

I'm struggling to see what's so Americanised about our current badge?

Said it before, for me the new badge was a big must. The last 5 years have been disastrous. Getting rid of the badge is on the same level for me as getting rid of Gabby. When I look at either I just see failure.

New team, new board, new manager, new crest and a new image. Now we just need a new owner. Fresh.

• Like 3