Favourite Villa Pics

dont_do_it_doug.

20 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

I've got a football signed by most of this lot (and others), unfortunately the sigs are now very faded.

I had that shit for a while but some tart pinched it for my flat one morning whilst I was asleep. Only met the night before and never saw her again. Quite a tidy if I remember

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Was she worth it?

giphy-downsized-large.gif

I’ve no idea, as with  many of my dalliances around that time there would have been a substantial amount of alcohol involved. The fact that I never saw her again probably indicates I wasn’t though 

• Haha 1

On 12/09/2022 at 16:42, sidcow said:

That's a great photo.

You always consider it to have been Victorian Architecture, but it really wasn't.

My next door neighbor is 104.  He would have been 11 years old when that was complete.  Could conceivably have attended matches at Villa Park before the stand was built!

...what does he know?😀

Edited by TRO
  • Haha 1

On 22/04/2022 at 18:38, S-Platt said:

Topical one Villa fans in Kiev 1982 can you spot Putin in the crowd?

IMG-20220421-WA0007.jpg

The Fella with the light mac on next to the flag.....is the late Harold ( Harry)Lawrence, my wifes uncle...went everywhere with Villa, even Japan.

He was good friends with Sid Cowans, and from the London Lions club.....Great Chap.

big thanks to S-Platt for posting this.

• Like 3

On 08/03/2020 at 10:44, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

464A7874-C3D8-4653-B3D3-B15F45D7C537.jpeg

I was stood up the Holte for this.  Before Dion nutted him, he had run half of the pitch to kick savage into the air. I thought ooh he will go for that, then savage got up and Dion knocked him down again.  Although Dion says nothing was said to him I still don't believe it 

46 minutes ago, Robtaylor200 said:

I was stood up the Holte for this.  Before Dion nutted him, he had run half of the pitch to kick savage into the air. I thought ooh he will go for that, then savage got up and Dion knocked him down again.  Although Dion says nothing was said to him I still don't believe it 

I don’t either. Probably some racist crap - although Savage could have commented on the size of Dion’s member!

4 hours ago, Robtaylor200 said:

Those three years of that lot laughing at us were awful: 0-3 (Enkelman), 0-2 (Dublin), 0-0, 2-2 (we'd been 2-0 up), 1-2 (Sorensen), 0-2 (Sorensen again).  Since then, it's played 16, won 11, drawn 4 and lost 1 (we picked a bad one to lose - League Cup 1/4 final).

• Like 1

On 26/11/2022 at 17:22, Stephen_Evans said:

Those three years of that lot laughing at us were awful: 0-3 (Enkelman), 0-2 (Dublin), 0-0, 2-2 (we'd been 2-0 up), 1-2 (Sorensen), 0-2 (Sorensen again).  Since then, it's played 16, won 11, drawn 4 and lost 1 (we picked a bad one to lose - League Cup 1/4 final).

They were laughing at us when we won the European cup and the League.....people in denial, always find something.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, TRO said:

They were laughing at us when we won the European cup and the League.....people in denial, always find something.

You’re right TRO. They’ll laugh when we open our new North stand and when we increase our capacity even further to 60k. They laugh from the half open crumbling dump in Small Heath.

When a was a little lad and we were in the third division, my Blue Nose cousins used to talk about them being a big club and how they were going to build a new stadium. I was just a kid and knew nothing about our history or their sad collection of tear stained memories but I thought for a while that they were the big club. The following years were enlightening from my perspective and painful for them. 😃

On 26/11/2022 at 14:02, Robtaylor200 said:

They work together in punditry now, I doubt he would have forgiven him

• Like 1

Â