Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

Brian Little for Manager assisted by John Gregory and Alan Evans.   Let's go back to the 90s when things were exciting.

i know they say never go back but that would excite me more than most candidates mentioned!

19 minutes ago, a m ole said:

I'm not privy to the list, but I can guarantee there was more to the list than who we signed or no one.

Probably made up of players Sherwood had little or no knowledge of due to financial restrictions, he would have had to take advice from our excellent committe which was made up of a data analyist,a jumped up sports nutritionist and overseen by a marketing guru. 

7 hours ago, Rob182 said:

All this talk of not pussy footing around just seems to be because of Remi's quiet and considered manner.

Well, from what I've seen, hardly any of the rumoured candidates are quiet, thinking managers like Remi. They all seem to have a bit of bottle about them, so why Pearson?

What has Pearson done that eclipses the achievements of Moyes, or even Dyche and Bruce?

Pearson built a team and got it promoted. So have lots of others managers. Pearson is simply flavour of the month because of what Leicester are now doing without him.

Why not go for Nigel Adkins because of what he did with Southampton, and now what they're doing without him?

Would you look at Big Sam with the same affection as Pearson, because Big Sam got West Ham promoted, and built a quality side that is now pushing for a Champions League place.

Pearson is just hyped up right now, and he's seen as 'what we need' because he comes across as a hard bastard. Lots of managers are hard bastards, and they can be without throttling players or swearing at the press.

Moyes is easily the standout manager for the job. How anyone can overlook him for Pearson, and his one recent great feat of getting promotion and being involved in a relegation battle, I'll never understand.

Sam would be fine for me, but he is otherwise engaged.....so not a candidate. As for affection, i have no affection for Pearson, just think he is the right fit, for the job we have to fix.

Don't get so prickly when someone makes a suggestion you don't approve of.

as for picking out things that suit my argument, you want to practice what you preach.

Well I would imagine if it wasn't already underway, Newcastle's search will probably be a bit more vigorous now.

If Villa do want Moyes, I hope they're making progress behind the scenes as I really could see Moyes at Newcastle next season. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Nah we will end up with Pearson without his backroom staff which will be a disaster

This club is incapable of making the correct decisions 

I know I can see it as well sadly. Garde didn't get his backroom staff, which certainly would have hindered him here.

Moyes and Steve Round are both out of work I think and they could have such a positive impact on this club.

6 minutes ago, jon_c said:

Just read an interview with Bernstein saying he wants an English manager.

So that's either Moyes ruled out, or he just wants to piss him off enough so he doesn't come here.

Here it is 

7 hours ago, Brumstopdogs said:

The press conferences could be a bit more interesting than those that poor old Remi did:)

What an absolute rocket polisher.