Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

Just sign whichever manager is constantly up there in playoffs and promotions. Just ignore prem record if you ask me. Pointless (well its a slight bonus) but couple mil sacking a manager when we get promoted to sign a better one with all the tv money seems fine. If we was a club like burnley who still couldnt really afford to change managers then fine, try get a manager to build a "culture and style" within, but were not. We dont need to upgrade facilities or stadium etcetc so all (or a lot)  promotion money can go towards managers + squad.

Just worry about whos the best man for championship and think about prem experience + skill set when were there. If its Hughton  then go for it

Edited by gharperr

Maybe Robert Wagner would be a better fit. We need someone who can have a Hart to Hart with our suffering players. 

Maybe we could get Robert Wagner to take Gabby out to sea for a romantic night

• Like 1

Well, looks like my first (and admittedly unrealistic) choice is probably going to Celtic - Brendan Rodgers.

Hughton it is then. Safe pair of hands who can spot a player and likes his teams to play good football while remaining defensively solid. Obvious candidate and much, much better than Pearson.

• Like 1

MANAGER SEARCH OVER!!!http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/former-qpr-fulham-star-appointed-11344423?

Former QPR and Fulham star appointed Villa manager

PicMonkey-Collage.jpg

Former QPR and Fulham defender Rufus Brevett has been appointed as the new manager at Combined Counties Premier side Hanworth Villa.

The 46 year old, who also turned out for Doncaster Rovers, West Ham United, Plymouth Argyle, Leicester City and Oxford United, takes over from joint-managers Matt Grave and Adam Willis.

Grave and Willis themselves took over from Wayne Noad midway through the season, guiding the Villains to a seventh place finish and a Middlesex Senior Charity Cup final win.

Rufus-Brevett1.jpg

Derby-born Brevett is no stranger to west London, having made more than 300 appearances for the Rs and the Whites over 12 years in the 1990s and early 2000s.

He also started his management career in the area, when he was named in 2008 assistant manager at Bedfont, which is now one half of Bedfont & Feltham FC.

He has since been both manager and director of football at Arlesey Town and coach at Banbury United, both clubs in the Southern League.

....It did a number on me for a millisecond:ph34r:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

MANAGER SEARCH OVER!!!http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/former-qpr-fulham-star-appointed-11344423?

Former QPR and Fulham star appointed Villa manager

PicMonkey-Collage.jpg

Former QPR and Fulham defender Rufus Brevett has been appointed as the new manager at Combined Counties Premier side Hanworth Villa.

The 46 year old, who also turned out for Doncaster Rovers, West Ham United, Plymouth Argyle, Leicester City and Oxford United, takes over from joint-managers Matt Grave and Adam Willis.

Grave and Willis themselves took over from Wayne Noad midway through the season, guiding the Villains to a seventh place finish and a Middlesex Senior Charity Cup final win.

Rufus-Brevett1.jpg

Derby-born Brevett is no stranger to west London, having made more than 300 appearances for the Rs and the Whites over 12 years in the 1990s and early 2000s.

He also started his management career in the area, when he was named in 2008 assistant manager at Bedfont, which is now one half of Bedfont & Feltham FC.

He has since been both manager and director of football at Arlesey Town and coach at Banbury United, both clubs in the Southern League.

....It did a number on me for a millisecond:ph34r:

knew it was a joke, too high profile for us. Am expecting Franz Carr or Bosko Balaban....

7 hours ago, Isa said:

I understand why Hughton appeals but am I the only one who finds it a little difficult to completely ignore that season where he spent £25m, made Norwich worse and got them relegated?

played some woeful football as well but did bring one of great strikers to English football

article-0-1A9A99D9000005DC-756_634x433.j

RDM and Comoli would seem a re run of Riley and Garde to me.

We need a strong manager to run the show - no some little 'yes' man, with zero authority in the dressing. Disaster waiting to happen IMO.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, jon_c said:

My biggest issue with RDM is that 2000 FA Cup final goal. Ruined my day.

Me too, I was going to a gig that night at our local music venue (The Roadmender) to see a punk group (I can't recall who), and it put me on a downer for the night. My mood was not made any better by my mate requesting the band to play the MotD theme tune and dedicating it to me. I have not been able to like RDM ever since.

Edited by NeilS

It'll be a bit of a risk, but I'll be happy with RDM.  He seems to have always ridden on coat-tails rather than doing the whole restructuring job we need, but if it's with Comolli I don't doubt we'll be spending pretty big.  I'd be happier with a proper experienced football board above him.

RDM won promotion out of the championship fairly recently and in good style scoring goals. The other side to his game and the Italian experience he has was in eveidence in the catenaccio he used to win the Champions league. So he demostrably has more than one string to his bow and knows how to play creative football and how to shut a game down. He was treated badly at Chelsea IMO. He's easily worth a go.

Moyes expressed interest, if Wyness arrives then surely that seems more likely?

• Like 1