Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

12 minutes ago, jon_c said:

But it was 'buffoonery', enough to get James Pearson and the other players sacked. Even none of our car crash of a squad have managed that.

True. Our players can insult our fans with impunity and coast along as if they're in the right. But - if James Pearson had been Jamie Vardy, I wonder if Leicester would have dished out the P45? Our players get away with things because the place is so threadbare they know we have hardly anywhere else to go. I suspect Mr Vardy would have received a talking to and reminded of his responsibilities.

Just now, Heretic said:

True. Our players can insult our fans with impunity and coast along as if they're in the right. But - if James Pearson had been Jamie Vardy, I wonder if Leicester would have dished out the P45? Our players get away with things because the place is so threadbare they know we have hardly anywhere else to go. I suspect Mr Vardy would have received a talking to and reminded of his responsibilities.

Also I keep hearing, regarding our players, that you can't just sack a footballer. Well Leicester did.

12 minutes ago, Heretic said:

Got off lightly with this IMO

39 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Do you think the likes of Pearson or DiMatteo would be impressed knowing they were second choice.  The sort of man Pearson is it wouldnt surprise me that he would say FU.

If it is indeed the case that Pearson is second choice, we can but hope that's what happens...

Just now, Tommo_b said:

How long is it now without a manager? 

Makes me wonder how long this takeovers been going on for behind the scenes. 

Yep - we should have got in done sooner. If the new owners don't like the appointment then they can deal with it when they actually run the club. Weve taken our eye off the ball in preparing for next season. 

We will be selling players without a manager in place next.

• Like 1

I think the press doesn't have a clue. 

When Moyes "expressed" his initial interest Villa were already relegated so the idea that he was not keen on managing in the Championship does not make any sense. If that was always going to be a reason to say no, he would never had "expressed" his interest in the first place. 

And not being keen to make a swift decision, whilst I appreciate Villa fans have an extra close eye on all things happening at AVFC, it doesn't take a genius to work out that the entire club needs gutting from top to bottom and the sooner that happens the better. Moyes has been sitting ready for over a month now, surely he would be raring to go? 

Like with Sky Sports and Di Matteo being appointed "imminently" I think their "source" has had some bad info or not got the right information. Clearly would be better if they just read VT instead, we are far more knowledgeable ;)

So which newspapers going to pick up the Su Maozhen link then? The Sun has been pretty quiet on us I think or Telegraph to say how bad Dr Xia is? ;)