Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

Just now, hippo said:

Our best chance of getting Moyes was IMO to make him an offer now. If we wait until the summer he may have other options. I think Blacks new assistant wouldn't have been allowed if a new manager was incoming shortly.

We may have made an offer to Moyes or anyone else with the agreement that they take over in the summer.

I wouldn't read too much into it.

• Like 1

Just now, hippo said:

Our best chance of getting Moyes was IMO to make him an offer now. If we wait until the summer he may have other options. I think Blacks new assistant wouldn't have been allowed if a new manager was incoming shortly.

OK gotcha.  FWIW I think there's the possibility that some managers don't want to come in yet and be associated with a relegation.  Even though they'd have had very little to do with it.

17 minutes ago, hippo said:

Eric Black has been allowed to hire an assistant manager. I would say that means we aren't getting anyone soon. I also think it rules out Moyes and even Pearson maybe.

So Eric Black needs an assistant to help him oversee our relegation. I would tell him to do one as he is quite capable of making a bunch of slackers play shit on his own and the money could be saved for more important things.

1 hour ago, jacketspuds said:

So if people had a choice out of the current 2 favourites who would you pick? Pearson or Bruce?

Personally, I'd go for Pearson.

Current 2 favourites are Pearson (13/8 with Paddypower) and Moyes (7/2 with Ladbrokes) with Bruce 3rd (9/2 with Coral).  I'll go with Moyes :P

1 minute ago, Ghostdog said:

Deal has been agreed with the new manager, but he won't take over until relegation is confirmed. No-one will tell me who it is though :angry:

Only a couple of days to wait then.

• Like 1

Think McCarthy and Bruce will be favourites now that Black has hired an assistant. It would seem we are waiting until season end. I could see Moyes\Pearson not wanting to come in until relegation confirmed - but can't beleive they would hang around until 13/14 May.

I can't see us appointing anyone until we are actually relegated. Until then we haven't hit rock bottom. Once we get it we can start to look to next season with a new manager and a new hope! I wouldn't mind waiting until the seasons end if the manager wanted a complete clean slate but I'd want him to be involved behind the scenes already as we need a clear out and to hit the ground running the 1st day after the season ends. 

• Like 1

Whoever the new man is, I think it's vital that he has total autonomy on who we bring in and release. For people who say "all premier league clubs signings are decided by a committee ". I don't agree. Bournemouth and west brom are two examples. You just know the players they bring in are sourced by the manager. Gosling, Surman, Gradel..all play neat and tidy, the Howe way..HIS kinda player. Not saying Howe and Pulls watch who they sign extensively but they clearly have clear, concise instructions and dialogue with their scouting department and the manager tells them what they want. I've never felt that with us in the last 5 years. Massive disconnect between manager, scouting and academy department. Most won't agree but Leeds's academy pisses all over ours at the minute. Needs fixing.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BOF said:

Current 2 favourites are Pearson (13/8 with Paddypower) and Moyes (7/2 with Ladbrokes) with Bruce 3rd (9/2 with Coral).  I'll go with Moyes :P

Bruce is still 2/1 with WillHill.

1 hour ago, BOF said:

OK gotcha.  FWIW I think there's the possibility that some managers don't want to come in yet and be associated with a relegation.  Even though they'd have had very little to do with it.

I agree, nobody wants it on their CV, especially someone elses relegation.

54 minutes ago, Ghostdog said:

Deal has been agreed with the new manager, but he won't take over until relegation is confirmed. No-one will tell me who it is though :angry:

How the hell do you know??

2 minutes ago, Ghostdog said:

I don't, really. I just know a lot of people at the club, and that's what I was told. I haven't seen the contracts or anything like that. I'm not Randy Lerner.

well as no one at the club is telling you anything i did suspect you were lerner.  Then I saw your name was ghost and basically that confirmed you were lerner

• Like 3