The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

According to the BBC, Steve Baker thinks its a really fantastic result. 

They claim he was Eurosceptic and a leading Brexiteer. 

I don't know if he was a rabid nutter type but if people like him back it I reckon the penny has dropped and they've realised what an absolute cluster **** Brexit has been. 

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I don't know if he was a rabid nutter type but if people like him back it I reckon the penny has dropped and they've realised what an absolute cluster **** Brexit has been. 

He was (and still is), but I'd take that with a pinch of salt. Firstly he's now a Government minister when he wasn't before - so he either has to back it or resign. And once people have a bit of power, they tend to like to not let it go. He's also panicking about his seat, which will gone unless the the polls change. And this all going through smoothly will definitely help the Tories' chances at the next election.

But you're right, in that a lot of the nutter types will be led by him. It's definitely a sign that Sunak might have actually played this pretty well. Long way to go yet though. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, sidcow said:

He was one of the most rabid nutters. He called himself "The Hard Man of Brexit"

Which just about shows how much of a weapon he really is. He was deputy Chair of the ERG

Though to be fair, he does seem to have softened his view in the last few months

Has this just been done at Windsor to try and placate some of the throbbers. 

Hard to complain about something with "Windsor" in the title signed at the Castle. Does not compute. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Genie said:

It’s very confusing because I thought Brexit was done several years ago.

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Slow oven 

Undermined by the left wing home economics establishment.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Has this just been done at Windsor to try and placate some of the throbbers. 

Hard to complain about something with "Windsor" in the title signed at the Castle. Does not compute. 

Unlikely. They're all getting their knickers in a twist about dragging the monarchy into controversial politics.

5 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Unlikely. They're all getting their knickers in a twist about dragging the monarchy into controversial politics.

I bet they struggle with the follow up question of why is that an issue for you?

I can’t believe Rishi has got the front to say that NI is in an incredibly special position because it has access to the EU and UK markets. 

Why the **** did you back Brexit then you **** tool. 

Edited by Genie
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Genie said:

I can’t believe Rishi has got the front to say that NI is in an incredibly special position because it has access to the EU and UK markets. 

What an absolute farce. The fact there are people who hear this shit and don't realise the farce is the most depressing thing.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Genie said:

Yes, I was talking to someone about this earlier. **** Tory Prime minister saying  being part of the EU is special. **** off. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Genie said:

I just posted pretty much the same thing in the Windsor/NI thread. 

• Thanks 1

Didn’t Rees-Mogg make the same claim after Johnson’s ‘deal’ as well?

They are saying the U.K. is free to make its own rules and trade deals which would normally exclude you from EU membership but NI can do both.

It’s like NI got the Brexit they were all promising but was not possible to negotiate for the rest of the U.K.  

It’s obvious that the powers that be never expected to lose the EU trade access. They thought the EU would bend over backwards to keep UK trade and that’s what underpins the **** from Boris and co. The EU have softened slightly because of the risk of violence in Ireland but that’s our lot.

The cake and eat it scenario that project fear types said wouldn’t happen.

Edited by Genie

Â