The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

I went to two large supermarkets before the game today. The only fruit was citrus, the only veg was potato and some broccoli and cauliflower, other than that the produce shelves were completely bare. It's like the first few weeks of covid again

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

I went to two large supermarkets before the game today. The only fruit was citrus, the only veg was potato and some broccoli and cauliflower, other than that the produce shelves were completely bare. It's like the first few weeks of covid again

There are empty shelves here in various supermarkets.

Whole sections of items are just not there one week and then appear again. 

It's a lack of drivers and the supply chain in general as far as I know.

I do like the situation we have now where Brexit gets the blame for everything, whether it’s the cause or not.

Just like how the EU were blamed for everything wrong in the country regardless of true cause.

We’re half way to going full circle. 

On 24/02/2023 at 19:06, Xann said:

332345994_1394183574687700_4300894674569492202_n.jpg.6fc645906f268692bcff3bdfb4d7f9db.jpg

Posted this on a WhatsApp group. 

A mate responded with "does it taste as salty as remoaners tears?" 

I responded "**** me, you're not STILL on board with that?" 

No response and no backing him up from others on there I know were enthusiastic Brexiteers. 

• Haha 1

Remoaners' tears are all about the betrayal of the country by the traitors' Brexit, and the useful idiots that bought into the con.

Last Brexiter I spoke meaningly to on the matter not only realises it was a sham, he's looking to leave the country.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

I sincerely hope you pointed out the irony of that.

He's totally put his hands up, to be fair.

He's the most forthright out of all my Brexity friends.

Others that have seen the light have been more discreet about their change of heart, but there are signs on FB.

Screenshot2023-02-26at11_50_55.thumb.png.2bdb96ae663229d8063f5b46e7926081.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Xann said:

He's totally put his hands up, to be fair.

He's the most forthright out of all my Brexity friends.

Others that have seen the light have been more discreet about their change of heart, but there are signs on FB.

Screenshot2023-02-26at11_50_55.thumb.png.2bdb96ae663229d8063f5b46e7926081.png

Whatever you shared isn’t coming through 

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Whatever you shared isn’t coming through 

It's a capture of a FB post that started life as Brexit misinformation.

That particular friend's feed is post after post of deletion.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xann said:

Remoaners' tears are all about the betrayal of the country by the traitors' Brexit, and the useful idiots that bought into the con.

Last Brexiter I spoke meaningly to on the matter not only realises it was a sham, he's looking to leave the country.

Can you thank him for me on behalf of my kids who probably will never have the means to make such a lifestyle choice. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Can you thank him for me on behalf of my kids who probably will never have the means to make such a lifestyle choice. 

He's realising he's likely shat the bed for his own kids.

I do think humbled remorse is better than living in angry denial, or the silence of shame?

• Like 1

On 17/02/2023 at 09:15, ml1dch said:

Quite looking forward to the next couple of weeks of news being all about Tory / DUP squabbling about Northern Ireland and Brexit. 

Nice bit of warm nostalgia.

Looks like Sunak is pushing ahead with the renegotiated deal.

My hunch is the following likelihood of outcomes:

40% the DUP / Tory nutters hate it, but it still all goes through with Labour support.  Sunak survives the grumbling and stays in power - albeit even weaker than now. 

35% the above, but Sunak pushes it through with Labour votes and the party goes ape-shit enough via ministerial resignations (Braverman, Baker etc) to push Sunak out and bring Johnson back in.

20% the Tory nutters and DUP grudgingly say that it's fine, 90% of Parliament on the face of it is fully on the same page, and Sunak gets a pretty decent ratings boost as a result.

5% It lands so badly that it results in some sort of confidence vote, collapsed government and early election. 

I may have missed a possible outcome that doesn't fit into one of those.

29 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Looks like Sunak is pushing ahead with the renegotiated deal.

My hunch is the following likelihood of outcomes:

40% the DUP / Tory nutters hate it, but it still all goes through with Labour support.  Sunak survives the grumbling and stays in power - albeit even weaker than now. 

35% the above, but Sunak pushes it through with Labour votes and the party goes ape-shit enough via ministerial resignations (Braverman, Baker etc) to push Sunak out and bring Johnson back in.

20% the Tory nutters and DUP grudgingly say that it's fine, 90% of Parliament on the face of it is fully on the same page, and Sunak gets a pretty decent ratings boost as a result.

5% It lands so badly that it results in some sort of confidence vote, collapsed government and early election. 

I may have missed a possible outcome that doesn't fit into one of those.

No formal binding vote on it at all? He’s not going to want to be seen as weak and needing Labour votes to get it through. He’s not going to want be seen as weak and giving in to the throbbing backbench ERG brigade and pulling the agreement because throbbers throbbing scares him.

TBH he could take a lead from Johnson’s behaviour, who chucked a bunch of people out who wouldn’t vote the way he wanted. It would be utterly delicious to see him remove the whip from the likes of Johnson, Francois, Truss and others. …but that’s just wishful thinking on my part.

Â