The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

12 hours ago, Genie said:

Also, they should be checking previous stamps to ensure non-EU citizens have not spent more than 90 days in the EU in the previous 180 days.

I suspect they aren’t to help the backlog clear, but the headlines say they are being deliberately difficult to punish Brits…

Brexit is Brexit 🤔😬

41 minutes ago, Genie said:

Person campaigns for hard border with the EU is then upset when there’s a hard border with the EU.

If France carries on controlling their border. You couldn't make this shit up.

• Like 1

Has anyone encountered many self confessed Brexiteers who have now admitted they have been sold a dud?

I don't do non VT social media.  I would have thought the penny was starting to drop with many now.

I saw a TV documentary about Cornish fishermen just at the very start of lockdown.  They were all pro Brexit and talking about over to you now Boris to make this work.  I would love to hear their opinions now.

53 minutes ago, Genie said:

Person campaigns for hard border with the EU is then upset when there’s a hard border with the EU.

"blocking entry" :D

They're not blocking entry, they're doing the EXACT opposite. They're making sure you CAN enter. But we've made that process more difficult

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Genie said:

The Rt. Hon. Member for Mordor has a token he was bidden to show thee.

On 27/07/2022 at 10:01, Genie said:

"Glad my summer holiday is booked for England."

Can tell this word removed never uses the M6 or the M5 during the holidays then.  Gobshite.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NurembergVillan said:

"Glad my summer holiday is booked for England."

Can tell this word removed never uses the M6 or the M5 during the holidays then.  Gobshite.

I hope it rains

• 2 weeks later...

https://news.sky.com/story/fears-of-new-bureaucracy-rules-and-costs-have-all-come-true-brexit-making-touring-europe-unviable-for-uk-artists-12667548

'Fears of new bureaucracy, rules and costs have all come true': Brexit making touring Europe 'unviable' for UK artists

The number of UK artists booked for European festivals this summer is down 45% compared to 2017-19, according to the group Best for Britain - which previously campaigned against Brexit.

Music industry officials are calling on the government to do more to remove barriers preventing UK artists from touring in the EU since Brexit.

"A lot of the things we were worried about before Brexit around new bureaucracy, additional rules, additional costs have all come true, even though we were reassured by the government many, many times that that wasn't going to happen.

Just one area, you could repeat this story over and over again for all sorts of businesses. I'd love to know what the music industry officials think the Government are supposed to do about these rules that we wanted. 

• Like 3

Is there any data showing how many migrants are crossing the channel now compared to pre Brexit? I know over 18000 migrants have so far crossed the channel this year.

Given one of the reasons, the main reason for many, that people voted Brexit is to stop the brown people in dingies invading us it would be interesting to know if there had been a reduction.

11 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Is there any data showing how many migrants are crossing the channel now compared to pre Brexit? I know over 18000 migrants have so far crossed the channel this year.

Given one of the reasons, the main reason for many, that people voted Brexit is to stop the brown people in dingies invading us it would be interesting to know if there had been a reduction.

I’m pretty certain there hasn’t been, and it will be down to Brexit (lack of obligation  for France and other mainland countries to do anything about it any more).

• Like 1

Liz Truss very unhappy that the UK cannot compete for EU university funding.

Could Liz have done something that upset them?

“The EU is in clear breach of our agreement, repeatedly seeking to politicise vital scientific co-operation by refusing to finalise access to these important programmes. We cannot allow this to continue,” said foreign secretary Liz Truss, who is leading polls to become the UK’s next prime minister. “In our view [18 months] is an unreasonable delay and it is having a detrimental impact on the scientific community,” a UK diplomat added. The European Commission said it took “note of the UK’s request for consultation and will follow up on this in line with the applicable rules, as set out in the [TCA]”. “It is important to recall the political context for this. There are serious difficulties in the implementation of the withdrawal agreement and parts of the TCA,” an EU official said.

I posted in the Tory thread but Liz Truss is also reported to have said that British people don’t work as hard as foreign nationals and need to “graft” more.

Every day another reason or 2 why it was such a moronic idea.

9 minutes ago, Genie said:

I posted in the Tory thread but Liz Truss is also reported to have said that British people don’t work as hard as foreign nationals and need to “graft” more.

Every day another reason or 2 why it was such a moronic idea.

Presume she’s talking about Bunter? Spot on if so. 

Â