The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

IIRC the stamp in the passport was one of the benefits of Brexit (from the Brexiteer population).

Also, being harder to travel abroad would mean more people staying in the UK for their holidays.

Edited by Genie

2 minutes ago, Rolta said:

The ghoul had a little chuckle when he was caught out. I'm pretty sure that's a thing.

I don’t think he’s stupid enough to believe what he’s saying, but he’s pathetic enough not to admit any of the mess is “our” making and campaigned for heavily by his paper.

Just keep repeating the lie.

Edited by Genie

13 minutes ago, Genie said:

It's amazing how widespread the Daily Mail version of events is now though. The idkwtch said last night "apparently the french and spanish are causing all these delays"

Not her fault, that's what she heard. And I put her right. But shows how far it spreads

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It's amazing how widespread the Daily Mail version of events is now though. The idkwtch said last night "apparently the french and spanish are causing all these delays"

Not her fault, that's what she heard. And I put her right. But shows how far it spreads

There is an element of truth in it I guess, if they employed far more people and spent a lot of money on their infrastructure then it would speed things up… but why should they? It’s our mess. 

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

There is an element of truth in it I guess, if they employed far more people and spent a lot of money on their infrastructure then it would speed things up… but why should they? It’s our mess. 

How wide can you make roads? There's not endless space. A lot of money has already been spent doing all this.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Rolta said:

How wide can you make roads? There's not endless space. A lot of money has already been spent doing all this.

Exactly, but this is the Brexiteer logic. 
The French could completely redesign the ports and employs hundreds more people but they won’t because they want to punish the UK…

25 minutes ago, Rolta said:

Quite. To put six more booths in would require six roads to allow people to drive to the booths.

That's around the equivalent of dumping a couple of motorways in the middle of an already-busy small town.

1 minute ago, snowychap said:

I think the Brexiteers would get the arse if the French took it upon themselves to redesign Dover and Folkestone.

Are the French checking passports in Dover and Folkestone?

7 minutes ago, Genie said:

Are the French checking passports in Dover and Folkestone?

Yes i believe they do. Not sure why, but don't the British also have border control in France as well.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ender4 said:

Yes i believe they do. Not sure why, but don't the British also have border control in France as well.

Ok, fair enough if that’s the case.

I assumed the issue was people being held back from crossing the channel (either over or under it) as there wasn’t space on the other side with passport control being backed up.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, ender4 said:

We have a juxtaposed borders arrangement with both France and Belgium. It was at our insistence, with the rationale that it would make it easier for us to be able to check people and turn them away before they cross the channel, before they can put their feet on our soil and claim asylum. One might argue that the small boats crossing the channel are a problem of our own making.

Â