The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-60308494

Brexit causing 'increased costs, paperwork, delays' say MPs

The "only detectable impact" of Brexit on UK firms has been "increased costs, paperwork and border delays", said MPs.

And the Public Accounts Committee warned things could worsen this year as new import controls come in.

The report says trade volumes have been suppressed by the impact of Covid-19, and wider global pressures in supply chains, since the UK left the EU customs union and single market.

But it is clear, the report adds, that leaving the EU also had an impact by increasing the bureaucratic burden on businesses.

Just now, Xann said:

New and better deals.

It's all right. 5 years after winning the vote they've appointed Moggers to start thinking about if there are any advantages to be gained. 

I tell you something, the amount of ludicrous over the top regulation and compliance I deal with at work on a daily basis, I mean really petty stuff that just wastes my time and protects no one, it just ridiculous. 

If they could get rid of half that nonsense it would be just superb but I will bet my bottom dollar that nothing changes. 

28 minutes ago, sidcow said:

It's all right. 5 years after winning the vote they've appointed Moggers to start thinking about if there are any advantages to be gained. 

I tell you something, the amount of ludicrous over the top regulation and compliance I deal with at work on a daily basis, I mean really petty stuff that just wastes my time and protects no one, it just ridiculous. 

If they could get rid of half that nonsense it would be just superb but I will bet my bottom dollar that nothing changes. 

To be fair, Mogg now has the only job to have been created by Brexit.  Credit where it is due.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 09/02/2022 at 10:04, Genie said:

JRM was an aggressive Brexiteer, so he should have loads of ideas about how to make a success of it, otherwise why back it? 

You'd think so... or maybe...

JACOB REES-MOGG 

I want Sun readers to write to me and tell me of ANY petty old EU regulation that should be abolished

I want Sun readers to write to me and tell me of ANY petty old EU regulation that should be abolished (thesun.co.uk)

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

The main problem we have in the UK is that it’s very difficult to work/trade/travel/live/export/import with the EU after we decided to leave the collective.

We can delete or create as much as we like in the UK, it wont make any difference because it’s the EU regulations (that we consciously opted out of) that are causing us daily issues. We can’t touch them as outsiders. 
All this talk of scrapping EU red tape within the UK is completely pointless.

4 hours ago, Genie said:

The main problem we have in the UK is that it’s very difficult to work/trade/travel/live/export/import with the EU after we decided to leave the collective.

We can delete or create as much as we like in the UK, it wont make any difference because it’s the EU regulations (that we consciously opted out of) that are causing us daily issues. We can’t touch them as outsiders. 
All this talk of scrapping EU red tape within the UK is completely pointless.

Are you suggesting it's a red herring? 

I'm sure we were promised unlimited red herrings in our post Brexit fishing quotas. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

It's actually quite amusing. Brexit man in pub would have spent hours banging on about all the unnecessary EU regulations dragging us down but if pressed to actually name one and explain why its pointless you will get "err, ermm" as a response. 

15 minutes ago, sidcow said:

It's actually quite amusing. Brexit man in pub would have spent hours banging on about all the unnecessary EU regulations dragging us down but if pressed to actually name one and explain why its pointless you will get "err, ermm" as a response. 

James O'Brien used to do it every week on his show. If anyone mentioned not having to abide by EU Laws then he'd asked them "which laws in particular are you looking forward to not obeying?"

The closest I ever heard to a real answer was the ability to NOT wear hard hats and hi vis jackets on building sites because those are EU laws.

Mental

usually the question was met with silence, or classic EU myths like bendy bananas

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

James O'Brien used to do it every week on his show. If anyone mentioned not having to abide by EU Laws then he'd asked them "which laws in particular are you looking forward to not obeying?"

The closest I ever heard to a real answer was the ability to NOT wear hard hats and hi vis jackets on building sites because those are EU laws.

Mental

usually the question was met with silence, or classic EU myths like bendy bananas

Yep, A lot of Brexit dialogue was the modern equivalent of a mob with flaming torches and pitchforks blindly following some leaders shouting vague soundbytes about witches.

I can take a guess at what rules will go.....the working time directive. It will open employees upto working over 48 hours and eliminate rest times between shifts and minimum rest periods over a week and 2 week work rota's. 

2 minutes ago, tinker said:

I can take a guess at what rules will go.....the working time directive. It will open employees upto working over 48 hours and eliminate rest times between shifts and minimum rest periods over a week and 2 week work rota's. 

The Tories always talk about red tape, without ever being specific.Health and safety, workers rights, minimum standards of hygiene etc. All are at risk with these bastards.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Â