The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

15 minutes ago, Straggler said:

This picture was from 2018:

Only thing that has changed is the list has grown longer.

Happy fish (because there’s no point catching them any more as there’s nobody to sell them to).

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Genie said:

Happy fish (because there’s no point catching them any more as there’s nobody to sell them to).

Nothing happier than a fish in muck.  Hang on, that's pigs isn't it? Or are pigs the things we slaughter and incinerate? Yes, that's right, our happy British fish swim in human (British) shit and we slaughter pigs so they can be burned and this is all part of the necessary post Brexit transition.

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

That’s what I thought? Are they trying to gaslight suggesting Brexit has been great and Starmer was wrong go back Remain?

I assume so. Which is mental.

It's like an "I told you so". But they've nothing to be smug about :D 

• Like 1

We wait for the fog of Covid to lift now.

Maybe at the back end of this year we'll see more clearly what benefits Brexit will bring?

Hopefully the 50% hike in the price of the fruit I bought today is just a blip.

22 minutes ago, tinker said:

I don't think they would 

They're too proud or daft to agree in those numbers. Lots of silence though.

If prices stay high, and the oil and gas industry try and squeeze as much out the market as they can before we turn our backs on them? Many thousands may slide into poverty at the end of the year?

Then it may just sink in?

COVID has blurred the issues caused by Brexit I'm afraid. Inflation is reported as a world wide issue so the Brexit is Brexit brigade have their get out clauses. 

Even the river pollution issues , which I'm led to believe is due to a lack of chemicals due to Brexit is missing the headlines. 

Their poster boy, Boris , is causing more damage now his incompetence is showing through but some conversations I' have overheard have gone along the lines of, "I feel sorry for him" he's been seen as a lovable laughable fool, totally unbelievable tbh. 

Worry times , I just hope Putin moves in as his helicopter lands and the idiot gets caught up in "Europes largest mobilization of troops since the second workl war"  what a time to visit .......idiot. 

7 hours ago, Xann said:

We wait for the fog of Covid to lift now.

Maybe at the back end of this year we'll see more clearly what benefits Brexit will bring?

Hopefully the 50% hike in the price of the fruit I bought today is just a blip.

They're too proud or daft to agree in those numbers. Lots of silence though.

If prices stay high, and the oil and gas industry try and squeeze as much out the market as they can before we turn our backs on them? Many thousands may slide into poverty at the end of the year?

Then it may just sink in?

You forget that it really doesn’t have anything to do with numbers, facts or data and has everything to do with feelings and intuition.

• Like 1

It’s also not the Brexit the Brexiteers voted for, which tbh is fair.

Many saw compulsive liars talk about the riches and freedom that awaited post EU membership and couldn’t see how it would work or trust those saying it.

Many voted for something that was never going to happen. Never could happen. 

This current bollocks about new freedoms and burning of red tape. The EU aren’t burning theirs and that’s why we have so many problems. We are bound by their rules and they are only getting tighter.

I don't think many of the current issues can be blamed directly on Brexit BUT:

1) If it is not about facts, figures or data but feelings and intuition then Brexit voters should surely be feeling let down? They're not interested in why, they are just interested in situation and outcome and right now everyone seems to be getting **** from all sides so they should feel let down regardless. Boris can't exactly come out and say we've never had it so good. 

2) whilst many current issues are not directly Brexit related, you would have expected the riches Brexiteers promised to be at least offsetting these issues which is clearly not happening, indeed it is probably exacerbating them. 

We certainly don't seem to be heading towards any promised land now do we. 

Edited by sidcow

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

But nothing was ever going to be. There wasn't a definitive Brexit to be voted for.

So true, it was part of the strategy.

"You know that idea of Brexit in your head?  Yep, that is exactly what we are going to deliver. Anyone who says we can't do it is directly insulting you and your vision."

15 million people voted for Brexit and no 2 of them can agree on what it was they voted for, including the people who are delivering it now. 

The only thing I see Brexit voters agreeing on is that it wasn't supposed to be the version we are in now.

Then there is the special breed of person who can simultaneously hold the opinion that they got all the big decisions right, but that the agreement that they themselves negotiated is unacceptable and unworkable. 

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

But nothing was ever going to be. There wasn't a definitive Brexit to be voted for.

It was deliberately vague but essentially keeping what we had (frictionless trade and movement in the EU), but giving us some things we didn’t have (better control over immigration, new trade deals outside of the EU).

It has been a complete disaster in all fronts. 

It’s been shown that freedom of the shackles of EU legislation was to allow lower worker rights and environmental standards. 

Â