Aston Villa Protest Group

MikeMcKenna

Good work Mike, I'm in the take-action camp too. Although I don't go to many games any more due to location, costs, family and work commitments, I still care very deeply about our club and I know that when my circumstances change in future, I will be going again.

Simply doing nothing will achieve nothing, doing something might also achieve nothing. But it might just achieve something. And if that something means Randy is more likely to want to get out sooner, then that's a result. 

I can't get down to join in and I'm not on Twitter. However I can still raise awareness on the other forums I use and point my Villa supporting mates back home to this forum. 

Good luck in this venture, as it gains momentum there'll be many behind you.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, samjp26 said:

I think at the minute we're finally seeing the press start to publish the fans views towards the Lerner regime, rather than manager or player focused stuff. 

I think this is where I don't really get it. Tbh, I'm 10x more pissed off with the players than the regime. I have zero issue with lerner wanting to cut costs/save money however he has made some atrocious decisions in going about it. Time after time. 

I think it's easy and traditional to point the finger at the man at the top (who without doubt has to shoulder some blame).

True, had he invested more or wiser or both, we wouldn't be in this mess. However, had the players given more in terms of effort, desire, commitment and personal responsibility then I don't think we'd be in this mess either.

I know which would have been easier and more sustainable. And I know which one I expect more, demand in fact.

Don't want to turn the thread away from the effort mike has obviously gone too, but I do think a protest aimed at the players would be so much more unique and powerful. If anything, this is going to lead to more pandering bullshit about how those meek cretins need us to put our disapproval of Lerner aside and be 100% behind them. 

I think the players have a take a great deal of blame, however this current set of players can't be blamed for what has happened to our club over the last however many years now.

We need the media behind us, we need the greater footballing world to see and understand just how badly our club is ran. Why? Because by doing so, that is when true pressure will be put on the board, and perhaps we'll become less of a laughing stock.

I'll be out the door on '74, that is for sure. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MikeMcKenna said:

haha Quite honestly mate I am dreading it. I would much rather have kept my head down and avoided the sniping that will inevitably come my way.

To those who don't agree or don't see the point, can I just say, you may be absolutely right and I will probably end up with egg my face but.......... nothing ventured........!

Just listened, brilliant job Mike. 

:flag:

Right guys, I have stuck my head above the parapet. We now need more people to start shooting the arrows.

Twitter #OuttheDooron74 #avfc v everton

If you are facebook or other forums please say something. From little acorns....

• Like 1

Â