Aston Villa Protest Group

MikeMcKenna

I dont understand the logic of the people who wont get involved for whatever reason.

Yea but what if its 0-0 etc etc..we are relagated ffs..time to show the board how we feel about it rather than just sit back and say nothing

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

I wont be at the game but I think its a good idea but the problem could be people will be already gone by then if we are 2 or 3 down. If it is 0-0 and we are in the game then its definite a good protest

15 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

@MikeMcKenna and the revolutionists. Whilst I am in favour of an protest against the current ownership and board Mike I think any walkout or protest still needs to be heard and directed at those responsible for the situation. Walking out is one thing but what will a couple of hundred or possibly a thousand fans walking out together achieve? Will anyone really notice or give a shit? Personally I think banners and chants towards the board and lerner are a must if only to embarrass certain indivduals on TV/Media.

Possibly spreading the word for every fan with a 'Proud History Bright Future' scarf to bring them to the game vs Everton and hold them aloft before kick off. All others involved to hold up their own flags of white with the message 'Jan 1st 2016: The day the AVFC board SURRENDERED!', or anything else that directs blame etc. those walking out on 74min, instead of going should stand outside the McGregor suite or in the concourse at the back of the Holte and sing/chant loud enough that those still inside the ground wonder what all the fuss is. Fans will join in I guarantee it. It gets recorded, splattered in the media and those highlighted by the fans get put under pressure.

Personally I would love to hear a large number singing...You told us a lie, you told us a lie.........You mentioned bright future... you told us a lie.. 

Pressuring those responsible is the key imo. Staying away and just walking out will be far easier for the club to just ignore. 

Anyway I am also up for the walkout but would like to see some positive action off the back of any protest tbh, the creation of a movement against the regime. Plus should any walkout only be for one game?  

Where I sit it would not be possible to display a banner. However if anyone in the upper holte was prepared to create and hang a banner in a prominent position that says "Walk Out the Door on 74" I will contribute a substantial amount, As for the chanting etc etc it needs someone with influence in the Holte to get it going. Ultimately we don't have a lot of time and only a few have volunteered to help. We are trying are via Twitter to get some momentum and have had a fair amount of feedback on the hashtags #avfc #outthedooron74 and if everyone here who agrees, whether they are going to games or not could spend 30 minutes pushing the hashtags we could gain further momentum.  We also still need others to join to help promote via Facebook pages and other forums. Plenty of people making suggestions, but we need action. 

Good work Mike. All this puts pressure on the club.. there is some momentum building - look at the traction that the receptionist's resignation got - and promotes our plight to the wider world. There is only one narrative at Villa - and it isn't Fox's false one.

Just out of interest. If we beat Stoke and are in the game on 74 min will you all still be leaving? I'm sure when there was hardly anyone left at 74 min against Liverpool it was noticed. Whilst we have a slither of staying up I don't think there should be any protests during the game. Once we are relegated do something original not a copy of Liverpools 77 min thing which got a lot of publicity because of its wider implications on football fans. Wasn't there a demonstration earlier in the season with people coming in late? That was a great success wasn't it? I see some are moaning about other ideas being muted so I won't add any and I guarantee like most fans won't be leaving on 74. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, MikeMcKenna said:

Have now been contacted by ITV but cannot say if anything will come of it. Come on folks, don't be apathetic.Anything is better than nothing - the media are more interested than people realise.

The media are interested because it's like vultures picking at a corpse. They've been anti us all season so anything like this will just give them more ammo even if it isn't as successful as you think. 

14 minutes ago, MikeMcKenna said:

Have now been contacted by ITV but cannot say if anything will come of it. Come on folks, don't be apathetic.Anything is better than nothing - the media are more interested than people realise.

I'm still living in Canada for the next week, but if I can help with any of the visuals (banner design etc) just let me know.

I appreciate the effort Mike, but unfortunately it will achieve nothing.

Lerner didn't get his asking price last year, he certainly won't get it now and a disgruntled fan base will weaken his bargaining power further with potential investors. 

Would you sell your house for 20% of what you paid for it? That's effectively what's being asked of him. He has destroyed this club well and truly but I can completely appreciate him not selling it until get gets the price he wants for it.

4 minutes ago, mwj said:

I appreciate the effort Mike, but unfortunately it will achieve nothing.

Lerner didn't get his asking price last year, he certainly won't get it now and a disgruntled fan base will weaken his bargaining power further with potential investors. 

Would you sell your house for 20% of what you paid for it? That's effectively what's being asked of him. He has destroyed this club well and truly but I can completely appreciate him not selling it until get gets the price he wants for it.

A house and a football club are in no way comparable.

Â