Aston Villa Protest Group

MikeMcKenna

8 minutes ago, JimmyRimmersGloves said:

Just a thought, something different. Hire the grounds of Aston manor for a live tv game and set up a fans zone. Hire a couple of big screens. Play a recording of the european cup final 82 of course. This way all fans who can't, don't want to go to the match or want to protest could watch the game outside of villa park whilst a game is going on inside. Therefor there could be 30,000 fans outside watching our finest hour and 10,000 watching the dross inside. Maybe some banners saying What It COULD Be WHAT it SHOULD BE!

Sorry if this seems insane but desperate times call for desperate measures.

I don't think that's going to help shake our 'fans living in the past' tag, if honest.

:mellow:

• Like 1

Many people were quite surprised and pleased with the number of players that were bought in in the summer. It is only when people realised how shit they were that ppl pointed at the recruitment. 

Whenever man utd were highlighted as low net spend, ppl pointed to the fact it was skewed by Ronaldo or bale at spurs. Which it was. As was ours with benteke. Not to the same degree obv but enough was spent in the summer, probably to secure safety in the league but most definitely to be in a better position than we are. 

Now those players haven't worked out and in some cases it's down to a lack of talent. But there is definitely examples of lack of desire, effort, bottle. Things that should simply be there no matter what. That's not Lerner's fault.

I agree that we are not in the upper levels of the league because of randy Lerner. However the people most culpable for the actual league position (which let's face it is what we are all bothered about most here) is the players.

Randy knows how we feel. He really isn't daft. He's put the club up for sale. There's not a lot else he can do. No one in their right mind would invest heavily in a business they didn't want. 

The players are the ones taking the piss. 

1 hour ago, JimmyRimmersGloves said:

Just a thought, something different. Hire the grounds of Aston manor for a live tv game and set up a fans zone. Hire a couple of big screens. Play a recording of the european cup final 82 of course. This way all fans who can't, don't want to go to the match or want to protest could watch the game outside of villa park whilst a game is going on inside. Therefor there could be 30,000 fans outside watching our finest hour and 10,000 watching the dross inside. Maybe some banners saying What It COULD Be WHAT it SHOULD BE!

Sorry if this seems insane but desperate times call for desperate measures.

Great idea - you going to organize it? 

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Agree, I still think the scarves was the better idea, mass handing back of the bright future scarves, maybe not throwing them on the pitch but leaving them at the mcgregor statue

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Agree, I still think the scarves was the better idea, mass handing back of the bright future scarves, maybe not throwing them on the pitch but leaving them at the mcgregor statue

Why not do both mass protest

@MikeMcKenna and the revolutionists. Whilst I am in favour of an protest against the current ownership and board Mike I think any walkout or protest still needs to be heard and directed at those responsible for the situation. Walking out is one thing but what will a couple of hundred or possibly a thousand fans walking out together achieve? Will anyone really notice or give a shit? Personally I think banners and chants towards the board and lerner are a must if only to embarrass certain indivduals on TV/Media.

Possibly spreading the word for every fan with a 'Proud History Bright Future' scarf to bring them to the game vs Everton and hold them aloft before kick off. All others involved to hold up their own flags of white with the message 'Jan 1st 2016: The day the AVFC board SURRENDERED!', or anything else that directs blame etc. those walking out on 74min, instead of going should stand outside the McGregor suite or in the concourse at the back of the Holte and sing/chant loud enough that those still inside the ground wonder what all the fuss is. Fans will join in I guarantee it. It gets recorded, splattered in the media and those highlighted by the fans get put under pressure.

Personally I would love to hear a large number singing...You told us a lie, you told us a lie.........You mentioned bright future... you told us a lie.. 

Pressuring those responsible is the key imo. Staying away and just walking out will be far easier for the club to just ignore. 

Anyway I am also up for the walkout but would like to see some positive action off the back of any protest tbh, the creation of a movement against the regime. Plus should any walkout only be for one game?  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, JimmyRimmersGloves said:

Do i think there is a bit of sarcasm in that reply

Call it "sarcastic realism' - if you read through this thread you will see that the most who agree with each other are the ones who slag off any attempt to get things going. If you think you can get 300 fans to attend an event "outside" VP I would be amazed. Get 3000 and I would be staggered. If you could get 30,000, you should be AVFC CEO! 

5 minutes ago, MikeMcKenna said:

Call it "sarcastic realism' - if you read through this thread you will see that the most who agree with each other are the ones who slag off any attempt to get things going. If you think you can get 300 fans to attend an event "outside" VP I would be amazed. Get 3000 and I would be staggered. If you could get 30,000, you should be AVFC CEO! 

Sorry  Mike didn't mean to patronize you personally but if yes if all the mouths on here walk the walk instead of talking the the talk i think it could happen. Just clutching at straws. Just so sad to see a giant turn to a dwarf so frustrating. 

33 minutes ago, JimmyRimmersGloves said:

Sorry  Mike didn't mean to patronize you personally but if yes if all the mouths on here walk the walk instead of talking the the talk i think it could happen. Just clutching at straws. Just so sad to see a giant turn to a dwarf so frustrating. 

No problem. 

7 hours ago, guyavfc said:

What's this protest trying to achieve? It just seems like we're copying Liverpool without any real reason. Not to mention Liverpool were 2-0 up before the walkout and ended up drawing 2-2. As unlikely as it is we are still not down and out yet, what if we're winning when the walkout happens? It would be detrimental.  I'd be all up for protesting once we are confirmed to be down, but it just seems a bit pointless right now. Other than the Liverpool game we'd been playing quite well considering our striker crisis.

Newcastle did it a few seasons back vs Cardiff as well and Ashley has invested money into the team since then (he also appointed John Carver though)

Â