Keinan Davis

a-k

8 hours ago, Risso said:

Davis isn't similar to those two at all, and would definitely be a better option than the supremely untalented Hogan, who is shaping up to be the worst forward I've ever seen at Villa Park.

This reads like a Trump tweet.

Davis also has 2 goals all season. Davis averages a goal every 750 minutes. That is two times as worse as Birkir, Onomah, Lansbury, and even Gabby. 3 of those players aren't even strikers. 

Hogan on the other hand averages a goal every 295 minutes. Basically 1 in every 3 matches Hogan will score. Not terrible, and definitely not "the worst forward I've ever seen at VP".

10 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

Davis also has 2 goals all season. Davis averages a goal every 750 minutes. That is two times as worse as Birkir, Onomah, Lansbury, and even Gabby. 3 of those players aren't even strikers. 

Hogan on the other hand averages a goal every 295 minutes. Basically 1 in every 3 matches Hogan will score. Not terrible, and definitely not "the worst forward I've ever seen at VP".

Wow. Wonder why he doesn't start every game with amazing stats like that. 

12 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

Depends how old the poster is. I’m 25 and he’s one of the worst I’ve seen. 

He’s certainly the worst value for money striker I’ve seen.

11 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Wow. Wonder why he doesn't start every game with amazing stats like that. 

I have no clue who this post is directed at. Neither of us are saying they should be starting, and neither of us are saying they have good stats, so I am very confused.

23 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

I'm 26. Just going back 5 years, I'd say Gestede, Holt, Delfouneso, Bowery, and Helenius have been worse than both Davis and Hogan. 

I think you could add Libor Kozak in there too. Couldn't trap a bag of cement, that lad.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, blandy said:

I think you could add Libor Kozak in there too. Couldn't trap a bag of cement, that lad.

I only left him out because pre-injury, he had a decent goals to game ratio. 

3 hours ago, Czechlad said:

I'm 26. Just going back 5 years, I'd say Gestede, Holt, Delfouneso, Bowery, and Helenius have been worse than both Davis and Hogan. 

Grant Holt was an emergency signing who started 3 games for us.  Delfouneso was a youth player who started 4 games.  Bowery was a player who cost us a bag of crisps.  I'd argue that they were all technically better footballers than Hogan, were more involved in games, and didn't cost us £12m.

Bur OK, I reluctantly agree that Hogan is better than Helenius snd Bowery.  There's damning with faint praise, then there's that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Risso said:

Grant Holt was an emergency signing who started 3 games for us.  Delfouneso was a youth player who started 4 games.  Bowery was a player who cost us a bag of crisps.  I'd argue that they were all technically better footballers than Hogan, were more involved in games, and didn't cost us £12m.

Bur OK, I reluctantly agree that Hogan is better than Helenius snd Bowery.  There's damning with faint praise, then there's that.

so you slag off Hogan in the Hogan thread then go to other player threads and... slag off Hogan.... that is commitment

Davis>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Hogan. 

I hope I've got those arrows the right way around. I want to add my voice that Hogan is one of the worst ever—certainly one of the worst value for money. At least Davis offers us a tactical change being the strong target man that he is. Davis made so much difference earlier in the season. Scott Hogan had a purple patch of two games. In both those games he touched the ball about 12 times. Apart from that he's done nothing else and he's something like our 6th biggest-money signing in history. 

17 hours ago, Risso said:

12m is a 4m player from 5 years ago... 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, VillanousOne said:

so you slag off Hogan in the Hogan thread then go to other player threads and... slag off Hogan.... that is commitment

I was responding to this point:

"Because Kodjia, Grabban, and Davis all are similar forwards in playing style. Hogan at least provides a different service albeit very inconsistently."

On 4/15/2018 at 10:41, sne said:

McGatemack for £12m and high wages would be my choice for worst signing and striker.

Especially when you factor in age and sell on value.

In hindsight, 100% a terrible signing, but when we signed him, a lot of us were very excited. We were getting one of the championship's best players, and it made a strong statement of our intent, but unfortunately McCormack completely failed us and himself.

On 4/15/2018 at 16:41, sne said:

McGatemack for £12m and high wages would be my choice for worst signing and striker.

Especially when you factor in age and sell on value.

indeed and the fact that nobody at the club seemed to do any research on him prior to signing him.

• Like 1

On 4/15/2018 at 16:18, Risso said:

I was responding to this point:

"Because Kodjia, Grabban, and Davis all are similar forwards in playing style. Hogan at least provides a different service albeit very inconsistently."

I don't think they are.

Davis for me is an out and out target man.....I don't think the other 2 are.

They work in between the lines.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

Â