Keinan Davis

a-k

I don't know why he's getting slated. He looked just as good as he used to. His hold up play and general involvement was still top notch. He was the reason we equalized and perhaps should have won the game. He did way more than Hogan in these past 2 games from his cameos alone.

• Like 1

Watching Stoke, and they bring on Kevin Campbell’s son, who is supposed to be a hot prospect. He has the touch of a rapist and no clue what positions to take up.

Davis might not be perfect, but he looks a lot more intelligent than Campbell. I think Davis will get better at finishing too.

• Like 2

When he comes on he really does offer us another dimension, a real compliment for someone of his age/experience. 

Glad he has had the chance to get back to the fringes away from the spotlight; I think he's improved even from earlier in the season, so it must be working.

The pressure being taken away won't have done him any harm.

If we don't go up he will be one of the major benefactors as he could be a genuine starter next season down here.

On 2/24/2018 at 17:42, Brumerican said:

He has all the tools to be a fantastic player and I'd bet he will be.

The one "tool" that he doesn't have is finishing/goal scoring which is the most important one for a striker. If he can add goals to his game then he will go on to be a fantastic player. Until then the jury is still out. 

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

I was a little disappointed that he didn't get a few minutes under his belt last night. If ever you want to blood a youngster when there's no pressure, then 3-0 against Sunderland is the game to do it in.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/22/2018 at 16:16, wilko154 said:

Davis liked this tweet yesterday, we spend most seasons complaining the manager doesn't give the youth players a chance... then a youngster breaks through and we slate him. Crazy

And he came from a non-league team did he not? Still has lots to learn, but he is a threat and playing in the championship has been perfect for him and his development. Far to early to be writing him off or slating him.

15 hours ago, MapleVilla said:

And he came from a non-league team did he not? Still has lots to learn, but he is a threat and playing in the championship has been perfect for him and his development. Far to early to be writing him off or slating him.

I don't think it's personally aimed at Davis - moreover at the time he had a run of game time - we were not really looking like promotion candidates in the manner we are now. So it was probably frustration at how the club were performing generally more so - strikers are players who carry most expectation upon their shoulders.

For me Davis shows good signs and then other days I can see where he came from.

i think he has a great chance of making a very comfortable life for himself and I like his approach - but I honestly don't see it being at the top level.

i think mid - lower championship is where he will eventually find himself - but no matter what, if we do do up this season he can hold his head high and say I played a role in this.

On 26/02/2018 at 10:49, villa89 said:

The one "tool" that he doesn't have is finishing/goal scoring which is the most important one for a striker. If he can add goals to his game then he will go on to be a fantastic player. Until then the jury is still out. 

That's one added. Barnsley away was all I needed to  see. He's going to be a player , believe me.

Â