Keinan Davis

a-k

53 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Have no faith in him scoring at all - another Heskey type player but as a striker you must score goals - he misses far too many chances .

I dont like writing off players especially younger ones but this is my judgement on him too. He misses two much. Some of his finishing at times has been dreadful. If he cant improve on this I dont see how long he can stay here especially in the premier league which is much more difficult.

He is young and has bags of potential but gotta do better for me, even on the basic things like better range of passing and picking out players around him.  

14 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

His finishing is shocking. It really is dreadful i just knew he was gonna miss it when i heard "davis on the end of it"

But Hogan as a senior player was just as bad so I don't want to be too harsh on him. But he was pretty poor tonight

It wasn't exactly an easy chance to be fair to the guy.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I dont like writing off players especially younger ones but this is my judgement on him too. He misses two much. Some of his finishing at times has been dreadful. If he cant improve on this I dont see how long he can stay here especially in the premier league which is much more difficult.

He is young and has bags of potential but gotta do better for me, even on the basic things like better range of passing and picking out players around him.  

Look , we all want young players to do well......and it is no good pulling them asunder......I was actually screaming for him to come on such was Hogans ineffectiveness, but 2 wrongs don't make a right.

Do I think he will make it?.....don't know, I have my doubts.He has to to do a lot of work to be accepted as a first team player.

Most of us would have scored that late chance last night.....well, you get what I mean.

Edited by TRO

8 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

You'd want your striker to be at least hitting the target from that position. The technique was all wrong and he never looked like he was going to score to be honest.

I think a lot of what Davis does is very good but I'd question how far a striker can go when they don't ever really look like scoring. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I think it was....to a pro centre forward it was nailed on to get on Target.

Edited by TRO

25 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I dont think it was that difficult, I would have fancied Hogan or Grabban to score that. I think even Hourihane could have. 

13 minutes ago, tom_avfc said:

You'd want your striker to be at least hitting the target from that position. The technique was all wrong and he never looked like he was going to score to be honest.

I think a lot of what Davis does is very good but I'd question how far a striker can go when they don't ever really look like scoring. 

Not saying he shouldn't have done better.

Just saying it was hardly a sitter. A full volley from a cross isn't an easy finish.

But yes, I'd have liked to see him hit the target at least.

18 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Just saying it was hardly a sitter. A full volley from a cross isn't an easy finish.

I agree , it wasn’t that easy but As soon as I saw him preparing to shoot I knew he wasn’t going to score - he’s one of those strikers where a goal is a rarity and we can’t afford that right now . 

‘Grabban looked very impressive to me with his attitude and work rate and should start at Hillsboro . 

19 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

The thing is I just knew where he would put it, wide to the near post. His finishing as bad as it is, is also predictable. If you want to be a striker you have to be a good finisher or be able to help your strike partner and create them opportunities for them. he was doing the latter earlier on this season but he just doesnt look the same player. Could it be a confidence issue? Probably 

His range of passing is not great either so we cant play him in the grabban position. The thing is he has to do a hell of a lot better as he has grabban hogan and even RHM as attacking options. 

• Like 1

Just now, Demitri_C said:

The thing is I just knew where he would put it, wide to the near post. His finishing as bad as it is, is also predictable. If you want to be a striker you have to be a good finisher or be able to help your strike partner and create them opportunities for them. he was doing the latter earlier on this season but he just doesnt look the same player. Could it be a confidence issue? Probably 

His range of passing is not great either so we cant play him in the grabban position. The thing is he has to do a hell of a lot better as he has grabban hogan and even RHM as attacking options. 

Surely RHM offers more up front than this lad . 

2 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Surely RHM offers more up front than this lad . 

I would like to see abit more of RHM. The guys is bloody quick and a real nuisance. Has not been given as many chances as Davis

I also believe he ha sa better goal scoring ratio for the U23s compared o Davis (might be wrong but i am sure I read that somewhere) 

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I don't get why he doesn't play for the U23's when they have a game that is not in close proximity to a first-team fixture. Surely what he needs as much as anything else is the confidence that comes from banging a couple in. 

Perhaps risk of injury?

He's the only option of that tough, bullying kind available for selection. Something like that could open up a game (even if for another person to play off him). With the transfer window shut, this squad is now the group to lead us home (or not).

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

His finishing for sure and his first touch. these are both terrible at the moment. i know he is young but he looks completely different to the one that played vs norwich. i think he has been gash in most times ive seen him since he signed his new deal.  

Yes, he looked amazing then. Hard to know what has happened, unless that was just an extraordinary flash in the pan.

22 minutes ago, cb_82 said:

FFS give the kid time, he has had a great break through season so far and is just going through a bit of a bad spell

We cant wait to kick people when they are down

No one is doing that just highlighting weaknesses in his game.

I suggest you read what people have written before openly critising them.

• Like 1

I don't see it currently with Davis. He certainly is young and has time to develop, but he can't finish, his first touch is poor, and his passing is subpar. He really don't have much going for him other than he can hold up the ball. 

At the end of the day, Davis needs to know how to finish chances. That is why Hogan keeps getting so many starts. Hogan can largely be invisible all match, but if you feed him chances, he will finish them. Davis I just don't trust in a must win match. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

I don't see it currently with Davis. He certainly is young and has time to develop, but he can't finish, his first touch is poor, and his passing is subpar. He really don't have much going for him other than he can hold up the ball. 

At the end of the day, Davis needs to know how to finish chances. That is why Hogan keeps getting so many starts. Hogan can largely be invisible all match, but if you feed him chances, he will finish them. Davis I just don't trust in a must win match. 

I agree....there's the paradox.

Edited by TRO

37 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

No one is doing that just highlighting weaknesses in his game.

I suggest you read what people have written before openly critising them.

I was calling for him to come on and I don't regret that....but he has much work to do and if I was him I would be back in the afternoons, when the rest have gone, trying to perfect my game and iron out my weaknesses.

However, he might be for all I know.

Edited by TRO

59 minutes ago, cb_82 said:

FFS give the kid time, he has had a great break through season so far and is just going through a bit of a bad spell

We cant wait to kick people when they are down

Like any other player he will be judged on performances - he got plenty plaudits when doing well but if  not doing well he or anyone else will get criticised.

hes been dropped recently so I expect the manager and coaches are wanting better from him too

Â