Keinan Davis

a-k

34 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

I don't see it currently with Davis. He certainly is young and has time to develop, but he can't finish, his first touch is poor, and his passing is subpar. He really don't have much going for him other than he can hold up the ball. 

At the end of the day, Davis needs to know how to finish chances. That is why Hogan keeps getting so many starts. Hogan can largely be invisible all match, but if you feed him chances, he will finish them. Davis I just don't trust in a must win match. 

Nail on head for me

I don't understand why he doesn't play on the shoulder of the last defender and unsettle him......if the ball comes his way, he can then easily turn the defender and he is away.

He plays in front of his defender and then has some much hard work to do......I think he makes hard work of it for himself.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TRO said:

He plays in front of his defender and then has some much hard work to do......I think he makes hard work of it for himself.

I agree, but it's also Davis playing to his strengths - he very, very good with his back to goal, his hold up play is excellent and his lay offs are intelligent too. He just needs to work a bit more on the time where he's facing goal and he'll be fine.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TRO said:

I don't understand why he doesn't play on the shoulder of the last defender and unsettle him......if the ball comes his way, he can then easily turn the defender and he is away.

I think it's because he is better with his back to goal and therefore he is not looking to play on the shoulder of the last man or look to get away from him - I doubt he will ever become a prolific goal scorer - he reminds me somewhat of Paul Goddard who did a lot of decent stuff in and around the 18 yard box - but rarely troubled a keeper 

1 hour ago, Danishlad said:

Why is it our fans always want to write off the youngsters.

loads wrote off Albrighten

Then moved onto Jack," he's too lightweight and falls over all the time" , they said.

Now it's Davis everyone is writing off.

This lad is new to the senior game. He is bullying championship defenders. He does more in fifteen minutes than Hogan does in three games. 

His vision and timing of a pass are excellent. ( the execution not so much)

He has strength and pace. And he will get stronger, quicker the next few years. He is also a threat in the air.

He will improve beyond belief. When I see him play I don't see Heskey, I see a mini Lukaku and I' m very excited. 

Granted- he should have scored more goals, he should have weighted his passing on occasions a little better. 

But whenever he plays, he makes the team a lot better. Because he  brings midfielders into the team and has good attacking ideas. 

I' m backing him 100%

You cant compare him to Hogan because they have different playing styles and suit different set ups.  If you really want to compare them then if Hogan gets a chance I would bet my house on him scoring, if Davis gets a chance I'd put my house on him missing.  I think Davis has so many great attributes and his potential is huge.  Problem is none of those attributes seem to include knowing how to score, he doesnt in any sense seem to have that in his locker, he just looks like he doesnt know where the goal is

10 hours ago, Danishlad said:

Why is it our fans always want to write off the youngsters.

loads wrote off Albrighten

Then moved onto Jack," he's too lightweight and falls over all the time" , they said.

Now it's Davis everyone is writing off.

This lad is new to the senior game. He is bullying championship defenders. He does more in fifteen minutes than Hogan does in three games. 

His vision and timing of a pass are excellent. ( the execution not so much)

He has strength and pace. And he will get stronger, quicker the next few years. He is also a threat in the air.

He will improve beyond belief. When I see him play I don't see Heskey, I see a mini Lukaku and I' m very excited. 

Granted- he should have scored more goals, he should have weighted his passing on occasions a little better. 

But whenever he plays, he makes the team a lot better. Because he  brings midfielders into the team and has good attacking ideas. 

I' m backing him 100%

15 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

No one is doing that just highlighting weaknesses in his game.

I suggest you read what people have written before openly critising them.

Like a lot of young players, he will have bad patches unless he is very special. The new contract seems to have disrailed him but time is on his side. He is a determined lad who has fought his way up from the lower reaches of football and has had many a setback along the way.

He will never be a world beater, but I expect that he will be a very good player for us in the future. 

53 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Like a lot of young players, he will have bad patches unless he is very special. The new contract seems to have disrailed him but time is on his side. He is a determined lad who has fought his way up from the lower reaches of football and has had many a setback along the way.

He will never be a world beater, but I expect that he will be a very good player for us in the future. 

Well....we have had many who have been deemed not good enough for us and come back and made a hard time for us.

I keep hearing that we are not going to buy players worst than what we already have, I am yet to be completely convinced by that, only in part.

Watching Weinmann last night, how much did we sell him for ?.......have we got better?

Edited by TRO

16 minutes ago, TRO said:

Well....we have had many who have been deemed not good enough for us and come back and made a hard time for us.

I keep hearing that we are not going to buy players worst than what we already have, I am yet to be completely convinced by that, only in part.

Watching Weinmann last night, how much did we sell him for ?.......have we got better?

Too be honest that weimann goal was just awful defending a bad clearance and weimann scored. Sound familiar? 

Just watched the highlights. It wasn't an easy chance - yes he should have at least hit the target and you'd expect most good strikers to finish it, but in fairness to the lad he did create the entire move from our own half by pressuring the opposition player to lose the ball, breaking away with a lovely bit of skill and then playing the ball out well and getting himself into the box.

His finishing needs work, a lot of work, but he's still young and he brings a significant something to the team even though he's not scoring.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, TRO said:

If we had kept Callum Robinson he would have been useful at the moment.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Too be honest that weimann goal was just awful defending a bad clearance and weimann scored. Sound familiar? 

Yeah.....He can be quick and very effervescent.

18 hours ago, TRO said:

Excellent point.

Grabban seems to be quite good at this.

3 hours ago, Czechlad said:

I'd rather see RHM getting the chances Davis has been getting. Davis looked good with Kodjia next to him when Davis' game was literally chest the ball down, and pass to Kodjia who'd then do it all himself. 

Davis success came from his hold up play and also his pressing. He used to run himself in to the ground and forced a lot of errors. 

He doesn't seem to be doing either very well now. Looks very laboured. Almost like a different player. 

4 hours ago, Czechlad said:

I'd rather see RHM getting the chances Davis has been getting. Davis looked good with Kodjia next to him when Davis' game was literally chest the ball down, and pass to Kodjia who'd then do it all himself. 

I bet this was Kodjias plan!

Â