Keinan Davis

a-k

Made a massive difference up front, some of his hold up play was terrific and he was extremely unlucky with an excellent strike which hit the bar. I have no idea what the brain dead moron Andy Hinchcliffe was going on about when he was saying Davis should have 'passed' it in.

• Like 3

Just now, Dr_Pangloss said:

Made a massive difference up front, some of his hold up play was terrific and he was extremely unlucky with an excellent strike which hit the bar. I have no idea what the brain dead moron Andy Hinchcliffe was going on about when he was saying Davis should have 'passed' it in.

Haha, yeah - I did think, what?  Like... he can't do much.  It's an instinctive strike and he almost rocketed it in.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Should have passed it in, around one goalkeeper and 2 defenders on the line. Indeed, moronic.

The way we do or don't play football. Davis has to play EVERY SINGLE game, it is the only time we actually look threatening.

Edited by rodders0223

Becoming a key player for us already, the progress he has made is astounding, he could be great in the future. He terrorised Blues' defence when he came on, he should start in my opinion. Also, don't forget about Rushian Hepburn-Murphy who is also a great talent and should get a run in the first team in my opinion 

I just hope that he gets into the box a bit quicker.  

Get the ball, lay it off, get in the box, be a threat to their goal - he'll score goals as long as he makes the effort to get in the box.

Sure, some crosses will sail over his head, but you can expect a few goals from good crosses throughout a season. 

Hope he doesn't lose that hunger. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, HeyAnty said:

He was why we started getting a run together.  Forget Kodjia, Davis was more an important to our recent run.  Then to drop him for yesterday was a terrible decision.

He wasn't dropped for that game, he was dropped for the Fulham game, which we won. 

I would say that based on Onomah's performance on Sunday, he should go back into the team against Preston. 

The one thing he isn’t great at (and I’m not particularly fussed about this) is hassling the opponent. Against Fulham, our forward players properly pressed their defence and made life difficult for them. I’m not sure Davis would have the same impact in that regard. 

However, against teams that don’t particularly want to hold onto the ball, he’s becoming almost pivotal. Seems to be very grounded too - no frustrations or strops on the pitch if things don’t go his way, just dusts himself off and “goes again”. Incredibly refreshing to see in a young player. 

Â