Gun and Knife crime

leighavfc

"Firearms incident" in Limehouse this afternoon too. 

Hopefully the fact that a school is within the containment area doesn't lead to a horrendous situation. 

• 1 month later...

Reports that a teacher has been stabbed by a pupil at school

An adult has been taken to hospital with a suspected stab wound following an incident at Tewkesbury School, police say

The school in Gloucestershire is in lockdown after the incident

Police say they were called on Monday morning after a report that a pupil had stabbed a teacher

Tewkesbury is a state school for 11 to 18-year-olds

link

• 3 months later...
8 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Fatal stabbing of a 15 year old boy (apparently by similar age kids, who have been arrested) in Horsforth, Leeds this afternoon. A few minutes' walk away from my granddaughters' primary school. 

I mentioned this in the TTPYO thread and I'll say it again, Most youngsters nowadays seem to be little bastards than compared to that of say 10/15 years ago.. again, only talking from what I've witnessed and experienced.

Before anyone wants to respond with some bullshit about past generations, biased and warped memories or being perfect ourselves, they might want to take a look at the current reality of these situations and whats actually going on outside their bubble.

Yes, we might have all had 'moments' to degree when we were younger, but we didn't go round sticking knives in teachers - or each other for that matter!.

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 4

Tougher laws needed. Anyone  caught carrying a knife should be automatically arrested for attempted murder . Wether they say it’s for protection or not, it’s a vicious circle. What’s up with just having a scrap. I detest people that carry knives and have no sympathy for them whatever their circumstances. There’s other weapons that could be used over a knife. 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Tougher laws needed. Anyone  caught carrying a knife should be automatically arrested for attempted murder . Wether they say it’s for protection or not, it’s a vicious circle. What’s up with just having a scrap. I detest people that carry knives and have no sympathy for them whatever their circumstances. There’s other weapons that could be used over a knife. 

A bit harsh if you are brining a new kitchen set back from IKEA. It's easy to say things like that but there are obvious and legitimate reasons to have a knife on you at times. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Danwichmann said:

A bit harsh if you are brining a new kitchen set back from IKEA. It's easy to say things like that but there are obvious and legitimate reasons to have a knife on you at times. 

I did think of that . I mean it’s a can of worms isn’t it and would never get passed in the court of law but it’s just an emotional thought from me. Then you’ve got the discrimination card being played etc etc . You get my gist though.

2 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

What’s up with just having a scrap. I detest people that carry knives and have no sympathy for them whatever their circumstances. There’s other weapons that could be used over a knife. 

They need a weapon or they're **** all.

A bit like needing to be surrounded by 5 or 6 people going into a fight.

Nothing more than cowardly pieces of shit that couldn't fight their way out of a paper bag.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Fatal stabbing of a 15 year old boy (apparently by similar age kids, who have been arrested) in Horsforth, Leeds this afternoon. A few minutes' walk away from my granddaughters' primary school. 

This one hits home as I used to live just around the corner from Town Street in Horsforth.

Strange town as was fairly affluent and one of the nicer areas of Leeds but had some very poor area's (bit like a lot of Leeds I guess).

1 hour ago, Rds1983 said:

This one hits home as I used to live just around the corner from Town Street in Horsforth.

Strange town as was fairly affluent and one of the nicer areas of Leeds but had some very poor area's (bit like a lot of Leeds I guess).

You'll know the spot then - it was right outside St Margaret's primary school (the one next door to Morrisons). 

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

You'll know the spot then - it was right outside St Margaret's primary school (the one next door to Morrisons). 

That's only a few hundred yards from where I used to live (just off Broadgate Lane) and I worked for a manufacturer in behind the McDonald's on the ring road.

Surreal.

Gets you wondering about the people I used to know around there (neighbours, colleagues etc) and how they're affected by it.

2 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

That's only a few hundred yards from where I used to live (just off Broadgate Lane) and I worked for a manufacturer in behind the McDonald's on the ring road.

Surreal.

Gets you wondering about the people I used to know around there (neighbours, colleagues etc) and how they're affected by it.

My two eldest granddaughters go to Broadgate primary. Their mum is very concerned about how they will process this. 

• Like 1

Funny story in a non funny topic - when I was in year 10, my mate (big japanese anime fan) brought an actual katana sword into school to show it to people. 

He was suspended for a week, of course he meant no harm, but c'mon - even at age 14 I knew this was a stupid thing to do! 

7 hours ago, Danwichmann said:

Well all cutlery like knives ive purchased online and had delivered to my house out of fear of getting pulled over ans asked why i got a knife on me

Personally think no one under age 18 should be allowed to buy a knife and if you are caught with one under age you get the book thrown at you (unless you can prove you need it for your job)

Edited by Demitri_C

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Well all cutlery like knives ive purchased online and had delivered to my house out of fear of getting pulled over ans asked why i got a knife on me

Personally think no one under age 18 should be allowed to buy a knife and if you are caught with one under age you get the book thrown at you (unless you can prove you need it for your job)

No one under 18 should legally be able to buy a knife and maximum sentence is 4 years. That is now so it's already in place. 

• Thanks 2

Â