Gun and Knife crime

leighavfc

Not only just 9 but was with her younger sister too 

Picture on BBC is some youngish skinny bloke, probably early 20s an unnamed so a stranger.  He's just going to be a random nutter isn't he. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

This perspective has really surprised me. When I was that age it was incredibly common to go out and play with friends unsupervised, I'd think nothing of a 9 year old out without their parents, especially in an age where it's now much easier to stay in contact. Doesn't seem to be the done thing anymore though

Same here. I’d be out from morning until it was past dark at night when I was a kid. No phone, parents literally had no idea where I would be and sometimes we’d be miles away… and that was normal.

Now the idea of that absolutely terrifies me with my children.

On 30/07/2022 at 13:05, sidcow said:

Not only just 9 but was with her younger sister too 

Picture on BBC is some youngish skinny bloke, probably early 20s an unnamed so a stranger.  He's just going to be a random nutter isn't he. 

Bloke was arrested and now charged. Lithuanian national, so possibly you would think would be known to the family? 

Horrendous regardless. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, coda said:

87-year-old on a mobility scooter stabbed to death in London. Hard to fathom the motivation behind that one.

The old dude had been busking to raise money for Ukraine, they reckon that he might have been followed by someone watching him collect his money.

Think it was on the Daily Mail that I read that earlier on

19 minutes ago, coda said:

87-year-old on a mobility scooter stabbed to death in London. Hard to fathom the motivation behind that one.

Mental. Least there is a good photo of the suspect, so hopefully the pond life is caught quickly. 

Was a stabbing in Brum City Centre yesterday, around the main CBD. 

Having a load of extra Police in the centre was great during the Commonwealth Games. Made it feel a lot safer. Now they're gone, the scum are back out. 

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

Was a stabbing in Brum City Centre yesterday, around the main CBD. 

Having a load of extra Police in the centre was great during the Commonwealth Games. Made it feel a lot safer. Now they're gone, the scum are back out. 

At the risk of making myself sound like an absolute plank....what does CBD stand for?

1 minute ago, leemond2008 said:

At the risk of making myself sound like an absolute plank....what does CBD stand for?

Colmore Business District.

The new name for the financial district! 

This maybe against most public opinion but there is much less of certain crimes that very rarely gets reported.

For instance from 31st of October 2021 to 30th of April 2022 there was not a single gun homicide in London.Firstly It makes me so glad that gun ownership is banned in this country.
How this has happened I am not sure.It might have something to do with the heavy sentencing for gun possession and criminal gangs use other weapons.

But this persistent narrative that we are less safe now than we were years ago is not born out by statistics.I think the highest murder rate in recent times came in 2001.I would accept that certain crimes will have increased such as robbery.

6 minutes ago, Only2McInallys said:

This maybe against most public opinion but there is much less of certain crimes that very rarely gets reported.

For instance from 31st of October 2021 to 30th of April 2022 there was not a single gun homicide in London.Firstly It makes me so glad that gun ownership is banned in this country.
How this has happened I am not sure.It might have something to do with the heavy sentencing for gun possession and criminal gangs use other weapons.

But this persistent narrative that we are less safe now than we were years ago is not born out by statistics.I think the highest murder rate in recent times came in 2001.I would accept that certain crimes will have increased such as robbery.

Serial killers are rare now too. Probably realising they can never get away with it like they used to. For one there's CCTV in most places and you can be tracked via many methods, phone, car etc.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Serial killers are rare now too. Probably realising they can never get away with it like they used to. For one there's CCTV in most places and you can be tracked via many methods, phone, car etc.

They still ain't caught me yet 🥷

• Haha 1

Serial killers still exist but it's difficult for them to get the really high number of victims, thankfully, that we saw in the worst of the guys in the 70s and 80s. It's much harder for people to 'disappear' today, there's more awareness of risk, it's easier to spot trends now things are computerised, investigative techniques are improved, and we've got better at tackling the issues that can lead to someone becoming a serial killer. Someone like Sutcliffe would be caught today long before he killed so many women - he got away with it, in part, because nobody realised his name kept coming up over years and years of investigation, including multiple interviews.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Chindie said:

Serial killers still exist but it's difficult for them to get the really high number of victims, thankfully, that we saw in the worst of the guys in the 70s and 80s. It's much harder for people to 'disappear' today, there's more awareness of risk, it's easier to spot trends now things are computerised, investigative techniques are improved, and we've got better at tackling the issues that can lead to someone becoming a serial killer. Someone like Sutcliffe would be caught today long before he killed so many women - he got away with it, in part, because nobody realised his name kept coming up over years and years of investigation, including multiple interviews.

The police get a rough ride but they tend to do a fantastic job on finding murderers

9 year old girl shot dead in Liverpool

A nine-year-old girl has died after being shot in Liverpool.

An unknown man was reported to have fired a gun inside a house in the Knotty Ash area at 22:00 BST on Monday.

The girl was shot in the chest and died in hospital, a man also suffered gunshot wounds to his body and a woman was shot in the hand.

Merseyside Police has put a huge cordon in place as officers hunt the gunman. Assistant chief constable Jenny Sims said the shooting was "truly shocking".

"No parent should ever have to suffer the loss of a child in these dreadful circumstances," she said.

"This crime is abhorrent and our communities must come forward and tell us who is responsible.

"This cowardly individual does not deserve to be walking the streets and I would urge those who know anything to speak to us and tell us what they know so that we can put the person responsible behind bars where they belong."

Absolutely unbelievably sad. Link

• Sad 1

Â