Gun and Knife crime

leighavfc

3 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Without question music influences people behaviour. Not a day goes by when I have to stop myself travelling to Reno and shoot a man. Shoot a man just to watch him die. 

That's nonsense of course, and my feelings are this, music is the soundtrack and not the influence. Music may speak to you about your lived experience, or it may glamorise a lifestyle, but my feeling is that although it may influence a small amount on the whole it is more soundtrack than manifesto. 

Thing is, was that a couple of lines in one song you might have listened to. 

Or was it literally every single song you listen to by various artists with a constant theme. The same theme over and over. You gotta wet someone up blud.

It's beyond a subtle influence and into virtual brainwashing.  This is what you do if you live in my world.  This is how you are supposed to be. This is normal. This is how you get respect. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Thing is, was that a couple of lines in one song you might have listened to. 

Or was it literally every single song you listen to by various artists with a constant theme. The same theme over and over. You gotta wet someone up blud.

It's beyond a subtle influence and into virtual brainwashing.  This is what you do if you live in my world.  This is how you are supposed to be. This is normal. This is how you get respect. 

I will respond in a detail tomorrow. That said you are trumpeting the 90s PMRC and their theory that music directly influences the actions of the young. It was considered ludicrous back then, but they still had influence and power. 

The music I was raised on was a mixture of country music and indie, I paid no heed to it. The country, and western talked death and murder. My main guy is Johnny Cash and he has traded off god, revenge and murder, yet still I remain free to walk the streets of my town. The environment I live in does not mean that I have had to resort crime. If I did, it would not be due to the music I listened to,  relentless or otherwise. 

3 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

The music I was raised on was a mixture of country music and indie, I paid no heed to it. The country, and western talked death and murder. My main guy is Johnny Cash and he has traded off god, revenge and murder, yet still I remain free to walk the streets of my town.

TBF, Johnny Cash has not been a cool influence on youth subculture since about 1956, if then. 

26 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

TBF, Johnny Cash has not been a cool influence on youth subculture since about 1956, if then. 

NWA, Judas Priest, 2 Live Crew. This are the band's that Tipper Gore felt were a dangerous influence on youth. They weren't. 

I also feel Cash is a lot cooler than you realise. But this isn't about him it's about music influencing an individual. Or not. My take is its peers and environment and not because of drill. 

Irs cool to carry a knife, don't ypu know. 99% of them who carry will never use it, but if you have one on you, there's always that chance, especially if you get your ego disrespected in front of your pals.

Needs mass education starting in schools, an I totally agree the parents cannot escape being innocent. If I found my lad was going out with a blade or hanging around with dickheads, he would be lectured until he understands the consequences. 

My best mate at the time done a pathetic life sentence of 15 years for killing his missus stabbing her 18 times. She was early stage of pregnancy too. No one thought he’d do that, but anyone that picks a knife up anything can happen. My ex mate is back in now because he breached his conditions of staying out of rugeley he’s got to do another year.  The bastard needs locking up for life.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Shocked 1

They need to be brain washed with the consequences of knife crime. you could be 16-25, going out on the town, pulling girls, boys holidays, living the dream. Or be a tw** , carry a knife, end up using it, being a bad boy, an end up locked up for 10-15 years, that life over!

Needs to be educated at school, not by old bill, but by people who have experienced it, parents of children they have lost, ex gangsters, show them pictures of bodies stabbed up, the aftermath, real life, the consequences.

Edited by foreveryoung
  • Like 3

18 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

My best mate at the time done a pathetic life sentence of 15 years for killing his missus stabbing her 18 times. She was early stage of pregnancy too. No one thought he’d do that, but anyone that picks a knife up anything can happen. My ex mate is back in now because he breached his conditions of staying out of rugeley he’s got to do another year.  The bastard needs locking up for life.

15 years for a brutal murder like that?? Unbelievable 

21 hours ago, Seat68 said:

I will respond in a detail tomorrow. That said you are trumpeting the 90s PMRC and their theory that music directly influences the actions of the young. It was considered ludicrous back then, but they still had influence and power. 

The music I was raised on was a mixture of country music and indie, I paid no heed to it. The country, and western talked death and murder. My main guy is Johnny Cash and he has traded off god, revenge and murder, yet still I remain free to walk the streets of my town. The environment I live in does not mean that I have had to resort crime. If I did, it would not be due to the music I listened to,  relentless or otherwise. 

So, this is no humble brag.

Where I grew up was a little bit rough, but also quite a small community. So, bearing in mind we didn’t have enough boys in my year group to complete a full football team it shows up the stat that by the time I was in my 20’s, of that school group 4 had been in prison, two of them for murder.

The music they liked, I recall thinking at the time it was utterly naff. But the muisc they liked as kids, was the soundtrack to Grease.

If 2 out of 9 kids listen to Grease and end up doing time for murder, there’s got to be something in that? Don’t there?

11 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

So, this is no humble brag.

Where I grew up was a little bit rough, but also quite a small community. So, bearing in mind we didn’t have enough boys in my year group to complete a full football team it shows up the stat that by the time I was in my 20’s, of that school group 4 had been in prison, two of them for murder.

The music they liked, I recall thinking at the time it was utterly naff. But the muisc they liked as kids, was the soundtrack to Grease.

If 2 out of 9 kids listen to Grease and end up doing time for murder, there’s got to be something in that? Don’t there?

If they were relentlessly bombarded with lyrics that glamourised illegal streetracing and being stranded at the drive in, then based on the views of others in this thread, without question, their life of crime will have certainly been guided by Grease. Similarly a close relative has just received a a suspended sentence for being a paedo, he really liked Shag Conners and The Carrot Crunchers. Not 100% certain on the lyrics to "Rich mans daughter" but suspect it may have influenced him.

• Like 1

Five people, including three children, have been taken to hospital after a serious incident in Dublin, Irish police say.

Irish broadcaster RTÉ have reported the injuries have come from a suspected stabbing incident. 

It happened shortly after 13:40 local time on Parnell Square East, not far from one of the city's busiest streets O'Connell Street.

The casualties are a man, a woman and three young children. 

One of the children, a girl, and the woman are being treated for serious injuries.

The rest of the casualties are being treated for less serious injuries.

Who the **** stabs a bloody child 😠 

bbc

Â