Gun and Knife crime

leighavfc

1 minute ago, tinker said:

There's gangs of every race in Birmingham, White, Asian,  Somolia. Town is divided into various areas that are owned by the gangs and that spreads out to all the areas. Birminghams gangs aren't as well publicised as Liverpool,  London or Manchester but they are as deadly if not worse as there are so many of them in such a small area.  

Yeah I’m aware of the Somalian , Albanian , Asian , Black British gangs etc but I don’t associate white male gangs who carry guns with Birmingham. As you say it seems Liverpool and Manchester is more publicised with white gangs. I don’t associate Asian gangs with Liverpool but no doubt there’s plenty causing havoc up there . Think I once read that Birmingham in particular was a major player in the heroin trade due to its Asian gangs and the connections those gangs have to the poppy fields in the Middle East .

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Im actually suprised birmingham is worse than london. I was convinced we were the worst

Per population it’s based on isn’t it? I’m surprised London isn’t top . Glasgow was the worst in Europe not all that long ago. 

2 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Per population it’s based on isn’t it? I’m surprised London isn’t top . Glasgow was the worst in Europe not all that long ago. 

Honestly i love london but i can honestly say its a very unsafe place to live.  People are rude aggressive and generally miserable.

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Honestly i love london but i can honestly say its a very unsafe place to live.  People are rude aggressive and generally miserable.

I think you do tend to find that in big major cities like London . They say the further north you go the more welcoming which probably has some truth in it . 

Iirc Birmingham has pretty regularly been the gun crime capital of the UK - in the 90s they had periods where there were multiple gun murders a day. It also was the murder capital of the country for a decent while iirc. Because the city has historically been so unfashionable the media never picked up on it, but we've had multiple generation long gang beefs that had moments straight out of Hollywood - guys throwing rivals out of tower blocks, guys walking into rival gang meetings and being gunned down by multiple shooters, broad daylight executions... And that's one rivalry. This video gives a good run down, although it's very hard to follow due to the delivery of the narrator and the script, but it covers of a few of these events...

My dad worked for the council housing department. During the 80s and 90s they dictated that various areas of the city were 2 man only locations - you had to have 2 vans go out to a job even if it only need 1 guy, just because so many incidents of gun point robbery for tools were happening to them. One of his mates had a shotgun put in his face by 2 guys after his van. And more recently my girlfriend's mom was on the till in a shop when it was robbed at gunpoint.

Sweden just had it's 50th deadly shooting of the year, a new national record. 47 of them are gang related and it's mainly people around 17-21 that are the victims and shooters. There has also been tons of bombings, mostly by grenades where luckily only the odd person has been killed or seriously injured.

The amount of weapons around and the number of kids willing to use them is just staggering. Would not be surprised if we end up close to 100 deadly shooting this year tbh.

Edited by sne

3 hours ago, sne said:

Sweden just had it's 50th deadly shooting of the year, a new national record. 47 of them are gang related and it's mainly people around 17-21 that are the victims and shooters. There has also been tons of bombings, mostly by grenades where luckily only the odd person has been killed or seriously injured.

The amount of weapons around and the number of kids willing to use them is just staggering. Would not be surprised if we end up close to 100 deadly shooting this year tbh.

They are all scary but there is some extra to the latest ones in Södertälje. Wild shooting with machine guns. Rumoured that nr50 was an innocent bystander.

3 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

They are all scary but there is some extra to the latest ones in Södertälje. Wild shooting with machine guns. Rumoured that nr50 was an innocent bystander.

Been surprisingly few "innocent" / mistaken targets considering how many shootings there are. That security guard at the gym, this guy potentially and a few more but really lucky there isn't a lot more. Especially with all those bombings.

15 minutes ago, sne said:

Been surprisingly few "innocent" / mistaken targets considering how many shootings there are. That security guard at the gym, this guy potentially and a few more but really lucky there isn't a lot more. Especially with all those bombings.

Have been a few innocent in Malmö over the years. The most famous was the woman doctor who held her baby. Forgot her name.

2 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

Have been a few innocent in Malmö over the years. The most famous was the woman doctor who held her baby. Forgot her name.

Was a 12 y.o girl who died in a car bomb outside Göteborg and that teenage girl who got shot in a drive by at a gas station in Stockholm a few years back. And there are a couple more.

But again it's been mainly pure executions from close range by kids on electric scooters. "Sicarios" 🙄

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, sne said:

Was a 12 y.o girl who died in a car bomb outside Göteborg and that teenage girl who got shot in a drive by at a gas station in Stockholm a few years back. And there are a couple more.

But again it's been mainly pure executions from close range by kids on electric scooters. "Sicarios" 🙄

Immigrant gangs? 

Just now, Rugeley Villa said:

Immigrant gangs? 

Yeah, no one could deny that this is the case. It exploded with the ex-Yugoslavian mafia in the late 90,s and the unlimited import of weapons.

These days the ones running around killing each other is mainly Somalians. But it varies depending on city.

7 hours ago, sne said:

Man thats crazy. I have to say just getting back i thought it was one of the safest cities ive been to. Was safe walking at night and didnt experience any unpleasant people. I thought london was much much worse

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Man thats crazy. I have to say just getting back i thought it was one of the safest cities ive been to. Was safe walking at night and didnt experience any unpleasant people. I thought london was much much worse

Been around 100 shootings in Stockholm this year. 22 deadly. Add in Södertälje just outside Stockholm and it's even higher. Almost exclusively gang and drug related.

It's ok, all burglaries in the UK are now going to be solved, or something like that. Without any extra funding for the police as well! 

Liz Truss is a genius.  Why did no-one think of this before!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-63139443

Police in England and Wales pledge to attend every home burglary

Police chiefs in England and Wales have pledged to send an officer to every single burgled home.

The pledge commits forces to sending an officer to investigate every report of home burglary, regardless of location and what has been stolen.

All 43 forces agreed to the commitment at last week's meeting of the National Police Chiefs' Council.

Its chairman Martin Hewitt said the move was aimed at giving people "peace of mind".

• 3 weeks later...

19 year old Manchester Met student stabbed to death in Fallowfield.  Lived there myself as a student back in the day.  It's basically the Selly Oak of Manc.

Seemingly random attack from what I've seen too.

• 6 months later...

Some stabbings in Brum this afternoon/evening, in Centenary Square. :(  Area cordoned off and 4 arrested. 

• Sad 1

Â