Gun and Knife crime

leighavfc

13 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

This is to do with the rumour that the attacker is Algerian isn't it and the anti immigration mob are out. Apparently the person who tackled the attacker and got the knife off him was also an immigrant and I'd imagine some of the people (drs/nurses) treating the victims will also be immigrants. 

The attacker is clearly a sick, evil bastard. I am not sure what his ethnicity has got to do with it though but I guess those anti immigrant were always going to latch onto it and stoke the fire, literally it seems. 

See in my opinion the person spreading false information like this on social media to influence hatred and racism should be prosecuted.  No place for this kind of shit

Where he came from it doesnt matter its the evil **** who carried it out

• Like 2

The attacker was an Algerian who moved to Ireland 20 years ago and is an Irish citizen. The far right jumped on it once they heard the Algerian bit and tried to whip up a mob. The rent a mob crowd who showed up are just the usual feral children who turn up at any protest because there's a good chance for some violence, looting, attacking police and because they have nothing else to do except hang around and do/sell drugs. They don't have any political views, don't vote and don't participate in society. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, villa89 said:

The attacker was an Algerian who moved to Ireland 20 years ago and is an Irish citizen. The far right jumped on it once they heard the Algerian bit and tried to whip up a mob. The rent a mob crowd who showed up are just the usual feral children who turn up at any protest because there's a good chance for some violence, looting, attacking police and because they have nothing else to do except hang around and do/sell drugs. They don't have any political views, don't vote and don't participate in society. 

Yep, and now at least we know when the inner city scrotes talk about "Ireland for the Irish" they're really saying "the contents of Foot Locker for the Irish".

7 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Social Media is an absolute pit of despair, 

It's no surprise, there's a reason we regulate newspapers, TV stations and have guidelines and standards for them. Social media is immune to all of this so it becomes the cesspit that we see today. Governments are (as usual) too slow to keep up with the changes in society.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, villa89 said:

It's no surprise, there's a reason we regulate newspapers, TV stations and have guidelines and standards for them. Social media is immune to all of this so it becomes the cesspit that we see today. Governments are (as usual) too slow to keep up with the changes in society.

In fairness the current UK government is spouting, and stoking, a lot of the bile on social media. They aren't going to be in any rush to regulate it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

In fairness the current UK government is spouting, and stoking, a lot of the bile on social media. They aren't going to be in any rush to regulate it.

Just the government themselves.

Desperately trying to gaslight the nation into thinking 40,000 people arriving per year on small boats are an invasion and the reason the country is going down the toilet.

40,000 out of 1.2m arrived by small boat, you don’t hear about the other 1.16m ruining our country do you?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

16yo stabbed to death on Primrose Hill. a 16yo has been arrested. 

Happy New Year London

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-67856252

A 16-year-old boy stabbed to death in north London on New Year's Eve has been named by police as Harry Pitman.

Officers were called to the stabbing in Primrose Hill, Camden, at about 23:40 GMT on Sunday.

Metropolitan Police said first aid was given to Mr Pitman but he was pronounced dead shortly before midnight.

A 16-year-old boy was arrested at the scene on suspicion of murder and taken into custody.

-----------------

Another local described the incident as "tragic but inevitable" and said he had made "hundreds" of complaints to police about anti-social behaviour in the park.

He said it had become a "party hotspot" with drugs and alcohol since the pandemic.

Gina Germano, a mother of two teenage boys who were at Primrose Hill at the time of the attack, said she had "warned" her sons about gangs there, explaining it had become "rough" since 2020.

Shame to see a nice part of London become rough. 

• 3 weeks later...

Just reading that a 17 year old was stabbed to death in Victoria Square (Birmingham City Centre) yesterday afternoon around 3.30pm. Absolutely terrible and my heart goes out to his family.  

• Sad 3

Mandatory jail sentence for carrying a knife, has to be a starting point, obvious exceptions for non-lethal knives (pen knives) and carpenters carrying tools etc.

For anyone else, there’s just no justification for leaving your house with a knife in your pocket, I’ve never once even considered doing so.

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Sorry to hear that @Follyfoot, I saw the news about it. West Park wasn’t it. There was a young girl murdered there a few years ago. 

That’s the one☹️

RIP Harleigh

Edited by Follyfoot

33 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

A friend of my youngest son who used to play in the same football team as him last year got  stabbed to death in Wolverhampton yesterday, 17 years old

Absolute tragedy, I know his dad quite well because he’s done a lot for my son in the past cannot imagine what it can be like. Parents worst nightmare,  heartbreaking

Nah that's tragic, appalling, so sorry. Lived, and worked, round Wolves for 10-12 years and the place is ruin, there's so many, so so many, underlying issues around the city

• Sad 1

47 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

A friend of my youngest son who used to play in the same football team as him last year got  stabbed to death in Wolverhampton yesterday, 17 years old

Absolute tragedy, I know his dad quite well because he’s done a lot for my son in the past cannot imagine what it can be like. Parents worst nightmare,  heartbreaking

Very sorry to hear this mate - my Mrs is from Wolves and when we saw the news yesterday it hit her as she would go and hang out there at around that time after school

Thoughts with everyone involved, but especially hope that your lad can bounce back from such a traumatic event

22 minutes ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

Very sorry to hear this mate - my Mrs is from Wolves and when we saw the news yesterday it hit her as she would go and hang out there at around that time after school

Thoughts with everyone involved, but especially hope that your lad can bounce back from such a traumatic event

Appreciate your comments mate
And my Mrs as well, she’s a Wednesfield lass. Bizarrely her best mate was round yesterday evening. She still lives in Wolverhampton and she was saying you heard about that lad who  got stabbed in West Park in the afternoon. we commented oh my God how  terrible and then you get the news that it’s actually somebody you know and know well. I want to contact his dad to offer my support. I really don’t know what to say. My lad has  took it really hard as well as you would imagine

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, T-Dog said:

Nah that's tragic, appalling, so sorry. Lived, and worked, round Wolves for 10-12 years and the place is ruin, there's so many, so so many, underlying issues around the city

I used to work Wolverhampton in the early 90s. It was bad then, but I think it’s got a lot worse since. It makes you want to wrap your own kids in cotton wall and never let them out the house.

Edited by Follyfoot

2 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

So sorry to hear that mate.

Once things have settled down, the Dad could benefit from channelling his grief into something positive.

The Daniel Baird Foundation would be a good start. They focus on putting bleed control kits where they might be most needed.

Nothing will make up for the loss of his son, but your friend will feel a bit better if he can save the life of somebody else's.

• Like 1

Â