Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

1 minute ago, Chicken Field said:

Very excited about the signings and over the moon that the club is showing ambition for the first time in ages, BUT, I am pretty sure we will regret not adding wingers, all good having good strikers, you need someone to create chances, looking at Kodija highlights, he seems to enjoy crosses (similarly as Gestede) and it also looks like from stats that crosses are the most effective way of scoring and we still do not have one proper winger in the club, Grealish is more of an attacking midfielder who likes to turn inside the pitch and Ayew is a striker how also likes to turn inside the pitch, Green is young and unproven and will mostly only be a bit player this year. Wingers, most effective, easiest way of attacking and we haven't had one for ages, just cannot understand it.please please please bring in a winger or two, we cannot rely on our fullbacks to be all the way up the pitch and to track all the way back on their own.

I agree with this, I would love us to bring in a right winger - permanent or loan.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Michael118 said:

But lost Gana, Gil, Sanchez, Sinclair and probably Traore.

I'd have Hutton ahead of De Laet as well.

We're also a lot weaker at CB in quality and depth.

But some of the players you have listed were absolutely shit last season and most of them didn't even care.

I'm also not sure how we are weaker in CB by losing Lescott, Clark and Okore.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

And yet we sit 16th in the championship. A lot of people are saying we are pulling a QPR. Signing a lot of players who won't end up gelling. 

I think our approach is a lot more nuanced than QPRs.

But lost Gana, Gil, Sanchez, Sinclair and probably Traore.

I'd have Hutton ahead of De Laet as well.

We're also a lot weaker at CB in quality and depth.

I can see your point with Gana but Gil, Sanchez and Sinclair have never showed their potential ability for us. Traore is still here and at the end of the day, he's had one good game against Notts County. No big loss.

De Laet > Hutton. Hutton is utter tripe. Did you not see him against Luton?

Weaker at CB? In what world are Elphick and Chester worse than Lescott, Richards, Okore and Clark? Agree with the depth point, I think we could do with bringing in another CB on loan so we have Baker and someone other than Richards.

I understand it's been five matches, but I can still have concerns. We are expecting basically 11 new players to immediately work well with each other. We already dropped points because Elphick and Gollini were clearly not on the same wavelength.

4 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

And yet we sit 16th in the championship. A lot of people are saying we are pulling a QPR. Signing a lot of players who won't end up gelling. 

QPR paid silly money to convince them to come, dont think you can say that about us (hopefully) 

McCormack, tish, gollini and kodija have all stepped up, jedinak, de laet, chester and elphick were bit part players

the only one who sounds like we were going to have to pay through the teeth to get was hernandez and we chose not to

we havent got the likes of zamora and samba, QPR was an old boys club special, managers buying ex players and sticking them on huge contracts

• Like 1

Just now, jacketspuds said:

But some of the players you have listed were absolutely shit last season and most of them didn't even care.

I'm also not sure how we are weaker in CB by losing Lescott, Clark and Okore.

Everyone was garbage last season.

We're weaker at CB because Elphick and Chester are a major downgrade on Okore and Clark. Lescott would have been a more than decent back up and we also lost Donacien who I thought had a lot of potential.

We're weaker at CB because Elphick and Chester are a major downgrade on Okore and Clark. Lescott would have been a more than decent back up and we also lost Donacien who I thought had a lot of potential.

I will give it to you, you are one of the best trolls out there. The commitment and dryness of it. Hats off to you. You play it very well. Very subtle.

• Like 2

Just now, Michael118 said:

personally i rate clark, but imo i don't believe that is true. after his injury, Okore lost a step. I do agree with your point that we need depth at the back, though. 

There's no pleasing some of you lot :D

Have to admit I don't know a great deal about Kodija so I'll wait to see more of him before making any judgement. All I know is we NEED an out and out goalscorer given how wasteful we've been in front of goal. 

I think we'll probably get another new face before the window closes to. 

2 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

Nah, there's no way you're being serious.

Nice try mate.

3 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

I'm just learning to laugh along now :lol:.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

What are your thoughts on Ashley Westwood?

• Like 4