Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

Just now, srsmithusa said:

with all due respect, I admitted the comparison had many other factors that made it weak.  And, with all due respect, if you read the Petrov thread from June and July you will find several who completely dismissed giving him a contract as an impossibility without ever seeing what he was capable of....(some of whom liked your comment above) oh, and they frequently did so on the basis of his age alone.

Less of the 'due respect' guys. This is the transfer speculation thread. Anything goes here IIRC.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

with all due respect, I admitted the comparison had many other factors that made it weak.  And, with all due respect, if you read the Petrov thread from June and July you will find several who completely dismissed giving him a contract as an impossibility without ever seeing what he was capable of....(some of whom liked your comment above) oh, and they frequently did so on the basis of his age alone.

Apologies if i misunderstood your post. 

3 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

Daft question, but what does doc mean by "not the China Villa club" :detect:

I'm going to take a wild guess, in the same ilk as the MLS buying old has beens for a lot of money this could be something comparatively speaking to how China throw money to improve their profile.  And if we were Aston Villa based in China, we'd throw a load of money at an ex prem player like Drogba?

• Like 1

Lol, we are so used to having a hermit for an owner that we spend page after page on here speculating about someone joining then suddenly someone has the sense to just ask Dr X outright and gets a straight answer.

Lets have 10 pages discussing RVP now then ask him that one too.

That said, if we all actually agree on someone we all want perhaps we could smuggle the name into one of the great mans fortune cookies!

• Like 2