Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

31 minutes ago, Genie said:

I'm actually slightly worried we'll have too many players (only slightly :D)

Surprisingly we've actually had 9 first team players leave - Gil, Gana, Sanchez, Crespo, Sinclair, Clark, Richardson, N'Zogbia and Guzan.

We've also let Robinson, Siegrist go with potentially - Lescott, Agbonlahor, Veretout and Adama not considered part of the plans. 

That's FIFTEEN players who could have been a part of the squad, under a different owner/manager and at a different stage in our evolution. 

So I'd not worry about us signing too many. We need another 3 minimum IMO. We could sign another 6 and we'd still not be bloated. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Surprisingly we've actually had 9 first team players leave - Gil, Gana, Sanchez, Crespo, Sinclair, Clark, Richardson, N'Zogbia and Guzan.

We've also let Robinson, Siegrist go with potentially - Lescott, Agbonlahor, Veretout and Adama not considered part of the plans. 

That's FIFTEEN players who could have been a part of the squad, under a different owner/manager and at a different stage in our evolution. 

So I'd not worry about us signing too many. We need another 3 minimum IMO. We could sign another 6 and we'd still not be bloated. 

Agreed. At the moment I'm worried we'll have to few, not to many. 

As has already been said, I'm happy with the first 11 but our bench on Tuesday was a real concern. 

Charlie Austin didn't start again... I do think we have a chance with him (albeit very small). If we're bidding £13m for Diawara, what's to stop us offering a suitable package for Austin. 

Really hope the interest in Morrison turns into something more substantial, he is just what we need as that extra attacking option.

1 hour ago, Midfielder said:

Fair play though. For Tony RDM and the back room. In a relatively short space of time we have signed well whilst the takeover is fresh and new business model being installed. They've done this with a million things non Transfer related going on in the background , holding training sessions, preparing for pre season games, preparing for new season games, while juggling their own lives, their families.

a lot in a short time, whilst also working on trying to help find clubs for our unwanted players. It can be hard to get a deal over the line, you know the way agents work sometimes, they play games to get others interested, better clubs me better wages. And this makes me appreciate some of our signings even more so. Typical case is elphick. Why, because there seemed to be no BS with that deal, no agent shenanigans. As if, Tommy heard of the interest and said, Mr agent, get this one sorted I am all up for that move. Jedinak too. 

Look at the games Diawara/ his agent are playing. Most of us would love to see him here, stepping stone or not. But look at deals like the Elphick one , they were into the move from the off, like they believed in the project from the start,mgenuinely believed in it. It's an easy thing to say when signing for a new club, but our signings genuinely seemed to want the moves, for the right reasons. That's something else I really like about the work our staff have done behind the scenes. They've really sold the club to them, the idea, the project. And this also comes down to another thing. That they intrinsically and passionately must believe in it themselves. Any club can claim they are in transition and building to go somewhere. It is really showing through and this overlaps into our recruitment. Al l of this before we have someone who will take the lead to do more of that work as their actual job, well done guys. 

I think we are really going places this year. We have no right to expect promotion even after the total spend is confirmed in a few days. A lot of new faces to gel, formations and tactics to bed in, adapt, evolve to see us winning. It could take time, and if it takes longer than we think at least we can see the right things are happening behind the scenes. 

Its like watching a house being built that will be yours. And the builders turn up on time, use the right materials, the right staff and who deal with emerging problems as best and as logically as they can... To the point you can sit back and trust them in what they're doing. 

Theres what, until 31st August to seal more deals. It is going to get really hectic , even more exciting. Change , is good.

Top post

4 hours ago, NoelVilla said:

ITk or not…would love Ings here; we need someone to prove himself behind McCormack and Ayew. Ings have tons of quality and if fit he would put McCormack on the bench. That would make us great.

we wouldnt pay 12million for a player to have on the bench

1 hour ago, AValon said:

Sure Morrison would have happened by now if it was going to. Mind games.

I keep asking the question of how it would work out, how much it would even cost etc. Totally clueless on his situation. Would like him though, you may be right however?

26 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I keep asking the questionit would work out, how much it would even cost etc. Totally clueless on his situation. Would like him though, you may be right however?

I'd like him, but with the right mindset. If he could be the player we all know he can be, then the cost would be irrelevant. With Morrison, though,being the enigma that he is, there would be no such assurances. I'd be more concerned the effect he could have on the side if the dark side of Ravel reard its ugly head.

11 hours ago, NoelVilla said:

ITk or not…would love Ings here; we need someone to prove himself behind McCormack and Ayew. Ings have tons of quality and if fit he would put McCormack on the bench. That would make us great.

Ings would be a really solid addition, but I see McComack as a nailed on starter, even above Ayew. McC's game is as much a link man/assist as goal scorer, so I would see maybe Gestede or even Ayew challenged first. Wouldn't surprise me if McCormac ends up being our top scorer.

Edited by thunderball

14 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Ings would be a really solid addition, but I see McComack as a nailed on starter, even above Ayew. McC's game is as much a link man/assist as goal scorer, so I would see maybe Gestede or even Ayew challenged first. Wouldn't surprise me if McCormac ends up being our top scorer.

Don't think anyone would be surprised by that, he has been one of the top scorers in the league for the last few years.

As for Ings, both he and Rodriguez at Sourhdmpton have struggled to regain firm after injuries. But if you could get them fit, either would be an excellent addition to our front line. 

12 hours ago, Zatman said:

we wouldnt pay 12million for a player to have on the bench

Good job you don't have to then. 

If we want promotion in this long hard season we need a squad of strong players including players on the bench who would be starters in the team who comes 3rd this year. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Good job you don't have to then. 

If we want promotion in this long hard season we need a squad of strong players including players on the bench who would be starters in the team who comes 3rd this year. 

Theres just no way we sign someone this year with the idea of them relegating Ross to the bench.

13 hours ago, guyavfc said:

Charlie Austin didn't start again... I do think we have a chance with him (albeit very small). If we're bidding £13m for Diawara, what's to stop us offering a suitable package for Austin. 

Really hope the interest in Morrison turns into something more substantial, he is just what we need as that extra attacking option.

No thanks. He is always injured and big rumours has an addiction issue for years to a substance.

At 100k a week it's not for me

Edited by Villan4Life