Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

I went to Turf Moor a few times during Burnley's last full season in the prem (my dad is originally from there) and Trippier impressed me each and every time.

He's got a quality delivery on him as has been said, but importantly he runs all day long like a little terrier and pretty much owns that right-hand touchline.  I was also quite impressed with how many headers he won for a short guy.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, JPAngel said:

Birmingham Mail running some gossip about signing Trippier on loan from Spuds but here's the article from RAV. What a signing this would be. Clicky

Aston Villa have made an enquiry to sign Tottenham right-back Kieran Trippier on a season-long loan, the Birmingham Mail believes.

Roberto Di Matteo has handed starts to Alan Hutton, Leandro Bacuna and Micah Richards at right-back so far this season, with none of the trio particularly impressing.

In the case of Bacuna, it’s very likely that he will leave the club before the end of the transfer window, and Di Matteo would like to bring in a quality fullback to solidify that position for their promotion campaign.

Tripper joined Tottenham last summer after an impressive season with Burnley in a deal worth £4.2m but was used in a rotational role to offer Kyle Walker some rest-bite during the season.

The former England U21 international made 19 appearances in all competitions for Spurs, but just five Premier League starts.

Spurs have welcomed back DeAndre Yedlin into the squad following his loan spell with Sunderland last season and it’s believed that the American’s impressive performances for Tottenham in preseason have seen him move ahead of Tripper in the squad.

Either way, Trippier will not be a regular player for Tottenham in the near future, so a loan move to a club where he’d play week in, week out would be great for the development of the 25-year-old

Where's this come from??? This is news to me? :suspect:

Given he has played all league games, I got the impression he was going to be here this season???

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Hutton's attitude has been pretty good though even if his ability has not been up to the required standard. Personally I dislike seeing insults like 'human garbage' thrown around for players who's shortcomings relate to their ability rather than attitude. 

As Trent said its a myth about his work rate and attitude. He bombs forward and takes forever to get back if his attitude was spot on he'd be breaking his neck to get back in position. He is a very experienced RB that shouldn't need a CB telling him where to be and what to do. Contrast this with Bacuna who even though limited and playing out of position and does need help from Elphick is playing well. We definitely need a new RB and I think Trippier would be brilliant but I reckon it's a smokescreen to put pressure on De Laet but for now it's anybody but Hutton for me!! 

9 minutes ago, handsworthvilla said:

Jedinak finally done! 

£3.9 mill with £1m in add ons. 

Quite unbelievable ... but £55k a week! Crazy money for a championship side but its a signal of intent from Tony! 

£55k/wk for Jedinak.

**** me, we never learn.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

TBF not to question the bloke but I take what I read on internet forums from ITKs with a pinch of salt. 

Well yeah, I'm not lynching the board just yet :D

But that's ridiculous if true.

17 minutes ago, handsworthvilla said:

Jedinak finally done! 

£3.9 mill with £1m in add ons. 

Quite unbelievable ... but £55k a week! Crazy money for a championship side but its a signal of intent from Tony! 

What is the length of contract?