Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Hull a team that give promotion release clauses

I dare say if Tom Fox et al were still in charge we'd have the same. In fact we've probably got champions league qualification release clauses written in to our players contracts. Luckily we've never needed them. 

1 minute ago, useless said:

Apparently Hull currently have 'four live bids' in for players. Maybe ours for Hernandez is one.

They're not even going to be able to field 11 senior players in their first PL game at this rate. 

Just now, sexbelowsound said:

Can we just pay Hull to swap places with us. They aren't even trying.

the way its going they are probably trying to "better" our performance from last season. If they re-sign Paul McShane before transfer deadline ends then my suspicions are correct

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

the way its going they are probably trying to "better" our performance from last season. If they re-sign Paul McShane before transfer deadline ends then my suspicions are correct

Richards could help them

3 hours ago, Mantis said:

Really not keen on Morrison personally. There are huge question marks about his attitude.

If it were practically any other player I'd be right with you but, having seen him play in person, and obviously a few times on TV, the guy is gifted as a footballer. A truly special talent.

Everyone needs to grow up at some point, and I think this is a risk worth taking.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bobzy said:

Ayew, Traore, Grealish and Gestede were in our attack last season - and it was awful. Interesting how it seems so much more appealing now. Possibly the drop to the Championship?

Well yeah obviously that plays a massive part.

But also let's not forget that Traore was injured most of the season, Grealish didn't play a lot and clearly had issues (which I'm hoping have been sorted) and Ayew actually did incredibly well given how shit the rest of the team were. Even Gestede didn't do too badly when you consider that we created **** all most of the time. The last time he was in this league he got a goal every other game. Add in McCormack and Bamford/Hernandez and it's pretty obvious why we'd be looking good in that department this season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StanBalaban said:

Everyone needs to grow up at some point

Plenty of footballers haven't and won't - Stephen Ireland being our latest example.

We desperately need a creative spark in the midfield that we can rely on. I'd rather get someone with less talent than Morisson but can be depended on to contribute, rather than someone who is always a milimetre away from a hissy fit.

Whether Hernandez should be a priority or not is irrelevant, deals don't happen in the ideal specific order. 

He scored 20 league goals last season, in this division. Ayew, McCormack, Hernandez. Heck even Gestede. 

Good lord. Potentially the best Championship strike force ever assembled?

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Whether Hernandez should be a priority or not is irrelevant, deals don't happen in the ideal specific order. 

He scored 20 league goals last season, in this division. Ayew, McCormack, Hernandez. Heck even Gestede. 

That would give us the 2nd and 3rd top goal scorer from last seasons Championship. Top Scorer Andre Gray would've been nice, but I think he wants a crack at the Premier League and rightly so.

We do seem to have quite the strike force though, keep them coming.....

12 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Players for too long have under performed at our club, we may just need a potential 80 goals worth of strikers just to score 40 goals this season.

I hope that isn't the case, but I wouldn't fault any manager for being overkill considering.

http://www.insidefutbol.com/2016/08/04/leeds-united-consider-joleon-lescott-swoop-as-aston-villa-prepared-for-free-transfer/298278/

How DARE you, Leeds?! You are a great and mighty club, but this sort of thing could make you a bit unpopular. Super Joleon has been one of the best defenders we have had at Villa Park, and you want to simply pinch him off us? His skills and commitment to the club are without question, and if you were to take him, you would break every Villa fan's heart. He is sure to make your defence rock solid and guarantee you promotion back to the Premier League where you belong.

• Like 4

I saw a few stories stating that the proposed deal for Hernandez would also see Gestede go the other way. While Gestede is a decent option off the bench for set pieces late in games, that would be an excellent move. Two players in McCormack and Hernandez capable of scoring 15-20 goals, and the potential of keeping Ayew leaves us with quite the strikeforce. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AJ said:

http://www.insidefutbol.com/2016/08/04/leeds-united-consider-joleon-lescott-swoop-as-aston-villa-prepared-for-free-transfer/298278/

How DARE you, Leeds?! You are a great and mighty club, but this sort of thing could make you a bit unpopular. Super Joleon has been one of the best defenders we have had at Villa Park, and you want to simply pinch him off us? His skills and commitment to the club are without question, and if you were to take him, you would break every Villa fan's heart. He is sure to make your defence rock solid and guarantee you promotion back to the Premier League where you belong.

image.jpeg

• Like 3