Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

8 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Bit of rose tinted specs there mate. There were plenty of issues with Carew, Dunne, Collins, Yong got his tackle out on a webcam on England duty, Milner once said damn.... 

**** off!

There is NO WAY James Milner once said the 'D' word! :(

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

No chance it would happen and zero chance of him being welcomed back, I think he would get loads of abuse.

For real. It would be a terrible move for all concerned. 

23 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Bit of rose tinted specs there mate. There were plenty of issues with Carew, Dunne, Collins, Young got his tackle out on a webcam on England duty, Milner once said damn.... 

The issues with Dunne and Collins were post O'Neill. Taking one 7-1 hammering out of the equation he had them as the best defensive partnership in the country IIRC? 

So 2 minor incidents in 4 years wasn't too bad. Especially when one of those was Ashley Young getting his knob out on the internet!

it would be on a loan deal where if he does really well again he can win himself a move to sit on someone else's bench...

and thats about as positive as i can think

its a complete non starter, would make appointing mcleish look near sane 

If say hypotheticaeley there was a chance, it would be foolish and petty to turn it down.

Edited by useless
Actually 'petty and foolish' is probably a bit harsh, I can understand why the majority of fans wouldn't want him back.

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

The issues with Dunne and Collins were post O'Neill. Taking one 7-1 hammering out of the equation he had them as the best defensive partnership in the country IIRC? 

So 2 minor incidents in 4 years wasn't too bad. Especially when one of those was Ashley Young getting his knob out on the internet!

They weren't they were just less publicised under O'Neill but anyway.... off topic etc 

13 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

No chance it would happen and zero chance of him being welcomed back, I think he would get loads of abuse.

some of our current players might welcome him back in open arms then ;)

I'm really worried that we are still massively cack at centre back and in midfield. 

Possible centre backs are Elphick, Richards, Lescott, Okore and Baker which is truly awful.

Midfield choices Sanchez, Westwood, Gardner, Tshibola, Veretout, Lyden and Bacuna which is makes very grim reading indeed 

• Like 2